Assault & Battery Is the truth or a conviction most important for justice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

innocentIknow

My boyfriend had an altercation with his sister's boyfriend. they argued over the phone and then my boyfriend went to their house and knocked on the door (empty-handed) to continue their conversation (man 2 man). My boyfriend and I often visited them at their residence. The guy came outside to talk to my boyfriend and they continued to argue. They then fought and the guy stabbed my boyfriend with a knife 4 xs and ran in the house and locked the door leaving my boyfriend bloody and scrambling for his life. No one called the police or ambulance. My boyfriend was able to drive himself to the hospital at this point. He spent the night in Methodist North Hospital after losing a lot of blood from the knife wounds. He was questioned by police and would not name who stabbed him. His sister and her boyfriend have 4 kids. He didn't want the guy to go to jail because he probably shouldn't have gone there. The guy 'just knew' that my boyfriend would finger him so, he went downtown 2 weeks later (while my boyfriend was recovering) and told the police that my boyfriend was shooting at him. He named dates and times (May 26th- 2 days after he stabbed my boyfriend and sent him to the hospital scrambling for his life; June 6th-Sunday night/mon morning 12:05 a.m) He claimed that my boyfriend and 2 other guys were shooting at him in front of his house and also trailed him in his car and shot at him from behind (no bullet holes in house, car, or him). My boyfriend and I were together on those dates because I was taking care of him on the 26th of May (he was all stabbed up and had a high fever) and june 6th at 12:05 am we were watching TV at my house, we even talked to his mom during this time and went to Bull Market convenience store which is miles away from this scene that night (sunday night). We felt that the guy would tell the police about my boyfriend coming to his house anyways so we kept looking for warrants online for my boyfriend. We saw 2 on June 8th /both for Agg. Assault. My boyfriend went to the police station after calling his lawyer and turned himself in for what we thought was -going to the house and fighting the guy. TO OUR SUPRISE: He was turning himself in for 2 shooting incidents in which we knew nothing about. My boyfriend has been in jail since June 12, 2005 and he has not spoken with anyone who has asked him where he was or anything. His charges have been changed to criminal attempt 1st degree mdr and aggr assault. All the prosecutors have are 8 bullets from 2 different guns (1 M1 shell casing and 8 9MM casings) and this guy's word. An M-1 is a semi-automatic weapon so why would there be only 1 casing (my guess is he planted them to make this look real)?? He claimed there were 2- 3 other people with my boyfriend at the time of this incident...but, my boyfriend is surprisingly the only person he remembers. He was asked in the prelim if he called 911, he claims he did, but couldn't remember from what phone he called. No one would give my boyfriend the firearm test to see if he had shot a gun to prove his innocence. The guy has never mentioned stabbing my boyfriend or even having a fight with him (pointed out in the preliminary hearing) which lets me know that this is pure deception. The public defender has retrieved my boyfriend's medical records to prove that he was injured. I have called all over (internal affairs, prosecutor's office, police dept.) trying to get someone to listen about this person who is playing with the system and no one wants to talk me.

The witness in this case has changed his story a few times since the preliminary hearing. My boyfriend's sister will not come forward and lie with this witness who is her boyfriend. The prosecution keeps trying to contact her and she has not responded to date. She has avoided them at all costs because she knows that her boyfriend was just scared and this is why he is doing all of this to keep my boyfriend locked up. I spoke to my boyfriend's PD today and he stated that the prosecution is not interested in the fact that the witness has changed his story several times, they are only interested in convicting my boyfriend. What can be done about an innocent person being in jail all of this time and no one even having the sense to come and ask him where he was or anything? Where is the justice here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back