Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders was I raped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickieellenray

I liked this certain sergeant, and I wasnted to get to know him we were making out and I told him I wasn't ready to have sex, I wanted to get to know him better and he stopped and then he proceeded anyway to have sex, I cried almost the whole time, I felt used, I didn't kick or scream or run, I just felt like he was a deputy/sergeant and I was afraid.

vickieellenray said:
I liked this certain sergeant, and I wasnted to get to know him we were making out and I told him I wasn't ready to have sex, I wanted to get to know him better and he stopped and then he proceeded anyway to have sex, I cried almost the whole time, I felt used, I didn't kick or scream or run, I just felt like he was a deputy/sergeant and I was afraid.

I am very sorry to hear about what happened to you. It's difficult for me to provide an answer to you and you should definitely speak to a professional to get help and I'm not talking about a lawyer. That you can deal with if you feel that it's warranted.

Now everyone does have a right to say no... but did you? Did you give him a clear indication that you did not want to continue? I'm not justifying what happened, but even you are asking a question whether this is the case and that should tell you something. Addiitonally, if it ends up in court to prosecute you may have a difficult time if the answer to that question isn't clear. In fact, when having any type of relationship if you aren't ready then don't put yourself in such a position. It seems that his continuing was because you may have moved quite close to actually going forward. You need to take control of the situation and, not just for a court case but for yourself and your partner, make it very clear what your intentions are. After all, what if the other person thinks you might be just teasing or want a little coaxing? You need to say no and if it doesn't work once, say it again with conviction...Good luck to you and I hope that you can move on from this...

I am really sorry to hear this.

This is going to fall into the grey zone of whether or not you consented to sex, and if a rape occured. Crying does not necessarily mean you are objecting. If you tried to push him off you, continually said no, that is a rape. If you did not object to it and let him do it then it is going to be hard to prove. Rape is forcible sex. You have to prove he forced you to do it.

Evidence will show that most likely sex occured, but was it actual rape?

Next time you find yourself in an uncomfortable situation, get up and leave before it escalates to something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back