Registered in OK, suspended in TX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

higdon

Hi, I just found this forum and would like to see if anyone could shed some light for me.

I was pulled over about a year ago for Racing on a Highway. I pleaded guilty and recieved a fine and a 1 year suspension, which requries 10 hours of community servie to reinstate. I payed the fine and then deployed to Iraq for a year without doing the community service. The time frame was just too short. I will be returning soon and would like to know if it is still possible for me to at least get insure and tags, in Oklahoma where I am a legal resident, so that it can be inspected and allowed on post back in Texas. The car does is currently "under construction" so to speak so I do not plan on driving with a suspended license. I suppose my question is, if I'm suspended in Texas, is my Oklahoma license suspended in Oklahoma as well? I am also aware of having to file an SR-22 no matter what state I'm registered in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is important because I must move the vehicle to Texas at the same time that I return, so completing my obligation to community service cannot be completed prior.

Thank you in advance!

-Dan

In case these are needed, they are the Statutory Authrities posted on my Order of Prohibition:

Texas Transportation Code, Section 521-350
Texas Transportation Code, Section 601

Suspended, is suspended is suspended, i do beleive, as i have read in several other posts that you have on dl and it gets suspended, no matter what state you drive in it is suspended there too,

Texas Suspension

Write the court explaining why you did not do the community service and include a copy of your orders. Ask the judge to lift the suspension and give you an opportunity to do the community service when you get back to Texas. Most courts give active servicemen and women a break in these situations. If you had called the clerk and explained the situation before you were deployed they might have even waived the community service.

Suspended is for all states so you will need to clear the Texas situation before you can drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back