state or Federal law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaerosmithchic

I live in FL, my ex and his wife live in SC and I have been receiving harrassing phone calls from both. Now my ex is in violation of a court order so I got him there. My question is, because we are in different states and the phone is federally controlled, so I file the complaint against the wife in SC, FL, or Federal court? Can I file in both state and Federal? Thanks for your help, hopefully a filed complaint will make her stop!

anaerosmithchic said:
I live in FL, my ex and his wife live in SC and I have been receiving harrassing phone calls from both. Now my ex is in violation of a court order so I got him there. My question is, because we are in different states and the phone is federally controlled, so I file the complaint against the wife in SC, FL, or Federal court? Can I file in both state and Federal? Thanks for your help, hopefully a filed complaint will make her stop!
Where is your court order? You'd probably go back there. In many instances you might find these issues resolved in state criminal court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back