Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft 5th degree felony theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

jr45068

Hey,

I was charged with 5th degree felony theft. I could not afford a lawyer and the court would not appoint one for me because I made too much money. I am not sure what is going to happen. This is my first offense ever besides traffic. Will I go to jail? I have been told that they prosecutor will rarely accept plea bargains. She is cut throat. Any information you can provide would be helpful.

Thanks,

Josh

jr45068 said:
Hey,
I was charged with 5th degree felony theft. I could not afford a lawyer and the court would not appoint one for me because I made too much money. I am not sure what is going to happen. This is my first offense ever besides traffic. Will I go to jail? I have been told that they prosecutor will rarely accept plea bargains. She is cut throat. Any information you can provide would be helpful.
I'm a little confused -- what do you mean you could not afford a lawyer yet the court determined you made too much money.

A felony is a serious crime. It means that you could receive a jail sentence of greater than one year. Nobody can tell you what will happen especially since we don't know any of the facts, the jurisdiction, or more importantly, what the court usually does with first time offenders in your jurisdiction.

The best favor I think you can do for yourself is to find a good attorney and do whatever possible to avoid a bad outcome in your case. I'm guessing that the victim wants to press charges.

Good luck to you and keep your spirits up. It's a tough situation but as Yogi said, "it ain't over until it's over."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back