Landlord telling lies about me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shartiger

In response to your case and my question to a case similar to yours:

My landlord's are trying to do numerous things to damage me, to sue me for unpaid rent for 1 year and then charging me for burglary when I entered the property to collect my property. My lease expired in April 2004 (1 yr lease), not knowing of changes made to that lease, my boy-friend at that time who was also on the lease initialed to consent to increase the rate of taxes to pay for late payments. The landlord added extra charges after my lease expired and I did not consent to any changes. So after 1 year, since April 2004 to April 2005, they are suing me for $16,000 of unpaid rent + damages to property. At time of lawsuit in April 2005, they did an eviction by sending a sheriff with a court order. This notice also had my name included, but I did not sign it. It was only signed by the other person who was on the lease. Can they proceed with the eviciton even if I never had any kind of notice and which I wasn't informed of anything?

I want to know, am I responsible for the unpaid portion being that my lease expired in 2004, then initialed to changes made by the other party on the lease?

Is it a crime to enter the property you rented to collect property that had been left back due to the landlord's agressive behavior to make a tenant leave without giving enough notice to get out? Do the landlord's have the right to approach me one day with no prior notice to leave the property giving only 2 days?

That wasn't the end. Other tenants that were living there and a friend who I listed as a reference told me that the landlord told them that I was helping someone by stealing money from an elderly man. But when I asked the investigator about, he had told me that I was a witness to the case. What business does the landlord's have to interfere and make their own personal judgments when they didn't even know what the fact's were?

Am I entitled to sue them for defamation/slander by misusing of my personal information and saying things to other people that were false?

Will someone please tell me where I went wrong and if I am totally responsible for all of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back