Help Please!! Summons and Complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

queenki

Help Please!! After receiving the Summons and Complaint, I filed a response stating that it was too old? I forget the correct wording I used for it. I got the advice from this forum. I then got a date to come to the courts for a Pre trial conference of some sorts, what is that, what will happen, etc. What am I to do from here? i do know that the last payment that was made was in 10/98 and I got the summons on 8/30/2005. Was this right? Is it to late to contact the credit card company and try to work something out with them? Help Please!!! :confused:

queenki said:
Indiana, Hendricks county
and i owe 1800.00 but am being sued for 5000.00
This sounds like a small claims court case of some kind. $5,000 may be the highest amount permissible in that court and they will likely ask for the amount of debt plus collection costs, which is perfectly valid.
Check the statute of limitations on the debt in your state. I'm not sure which it would fall under but it seems that the statute requires 6 years for filing a case to dispute a debt. You might want to plead that the SOL applies in this case. Good luck. Let us know what happens and if you need more assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back