Consumer Law, Warranties Verbal agreement with Loan company

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfrench3

I have a loan which I wanted to pay off.

A supervisor working for the loan company said I could pay off the loan with a cheque written against my credit card.

The loan company have now said they will not accept this cheque as it is made on a credit card and that they are sorry their supervisor gave me incorrect information.

Since being told I could pay off the loan myself and my wife have made plans and are both very upset about this.

Do we have any rights with regard to this 'verbal contract' by myself and the supervisor.

Thanking you in advance

I don't think so. There was also no verbal contract made by her telling you that she believed that a cheque drawn against your credit card would be acceptable. To begin, your obligation existed regardless of this matter. That was the binding contract.

There was no new contract made here, which requires an offer, an acceptance, and each party give something of value. That deal was made. There was no new exchange of value or consideration, nor does it seem that there was any "offer" made.

On a side note, you my be able to take out a cash advance against your credit card. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back