Received Summons for a credit card debt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexiss21

I hope someone can help me but I really lost in what is my first step. I have been in debt for the past 6 years. I am like in $6,000 worth of debt. I tried a debt consolidator in the beginning but thats when I worked two jobs. I was trying to get back into school also at that time. I still working part-time but I never tried to pay any of my bills because I was looking for a full-time job and my pay is so low I didnt think it was worth looking at now I have been summoned by the same credit card company to collect debt for two unpaid cards. I would like to know what should I do first? Should I contact the attorney's office that is handling the debt and try to settle out of court or is it too late?

Cant pay what you dont have

I would call the credit card company and talk with them.. I would tell them that you unfortunatley have no money to pay. let them know you are planning on filing bankruptcy cause your walls are falling in around you. Offer to settle the debt for $2000 and thats the best that you can possible do. ask them to dimiss the case, close the account and settle for 2k with no more interest or penalties and you will pay it back at the rate of $200 per month for 10 months..... your only other option is to file for bankruptcy which is looking better and better every day. if they agree, and i am sure they will agree to something as you have told them u r thinking of filing a BK.... and if you really did, they would get $0. so once you have agreed on terms..... make your own contract, and in the contract make sure to state that once the terms are complete.... they agree to delete their info from your credit reports as maintained by the credit buearu's. this is always worth a try and is many times successful..... leaving you with good credit still and time to pay it off, and they will get some of their money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back