Need help with Summons and Complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk37

I'm being sued by a collections agency who is representing an my former divorce attorney. Four years ago I fired her(my attorney) after paying her a $1000.00 retainer, I thought she was mishandling my divorce, so I hired another attorney and considered the $1000.00 a wash. The 2nd attorney I hired agreed that she was mishandling my case, and my ex wifes attorney, even, also made mention that she was mishadling my case. Soon after firing her I get another bill for $580.00. She only represented me for a little over a month and I thought this charge was ridiculous so I refused to pay her. Over the last four years I've received collections notices for this ammount and have offered to to pay half to get them off my back.I thought that was reasonable under the circumstances. Now I have a summons and complaint and I have no clue how to respond, there is no court date or judge assigned, no instructions on how to file an answer with the court, and I think it's been over the 21 days that they give you to respond. I called my divorce attorney and he said to fight it, but he wouldnt go back and look at the reasons he thought she was mishandling my case to help me out without charging me. What should I do now that the 21 days have passed and I have heard nothing? Thanks, matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back