Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Minor Consumption in MN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanzgonz20

Hello I have 2 questions...
I have gotten 2 minors in the last month and I'm currently 19... How many minors will it take for me to really be worried? I have friends that have gotten 4 in MN and all they have gotten was fines and probation....

2. On my last minor, the officer didn't write what I blew or what PBT I blew into on my ticket, and he wrote it for all my roomates tickets... Do I have a chance in court???

3. My friends have said that if you get your Minor Consumptions in different countys In MN, they only count it as your first minor as long as its in a different county... is this true???

Hanzgonz20 said:
Hello I have 2 questions...
I have gotten 2 minors in the last month and I'm currently 19... How many minors will it take for me to really be worried? I have friends that have gotten 4 in MN and all they have gotten was fines and probation....

2. On my last minor, the officer didn't write what I blew or what PBT I blew into on my ticket, and he wrote it for all my roomates tickets... Do I have a chance in court???

3. My friends have said that if you get your Minor Consumptions in different countys In MN, they only count it as your first minor as long as its in a different county... is this true???
(1) You should be worried about getting any convictions. I don't know who is giving you the bad advice but try getting a job that pays reasonably well with mutliple convictions on your record. In addition, be at the wrong place wrong time and your 2 strikes might result in problems if there is a 3 strike law too. Don't judge yourself with what your friends received. Nobody is guaranteed anything when much of the sentencing is in the discretion of a prosecutor -- and facts also vary.

(2) We don't know enough facts and exactly what law you allegedly violated. It might not be a requirement to have such a report for conviction on the crime with which you were charged.

(3) I don't know what you were charged with. Again, when there is discretion to be handed out, don't think that your minors elsewhere might not be considered in the decision with how to sentence you within the confines of punishment, even for first time offenders.

For example, if a law says you can receive up to 6 months in jail and up to a $1,000 fine, you can get 6 months jail and a $1,000 fine. Just because some others got less doesn't mean you are guaranteed the same. In addition, laws change all the time. You won't be able to tell a judge "but my friend only got a fine and community service 5 months ago!" You violate laws at your own risk.
Good luck to you -- and hope that you reconsider your decisions. You're too young to risk damaging the long adult life you hopefully have to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back