Case or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matiks

I'm not sure if this could be classified as Negligence if anything at all...

Alright, First off I work in a PAINT department,. where we use Lacquer thinner to thin down the ink enough to be sprayed through an Air Gun. Now, It doesnt take a Rocket Scientist to realize that you`ll need a face mask cause those fumes cant be breathed in (common sense), Well...before I took over the PAINT department (same floor) I worked in the SILK SCREENING department, both use lacquer thinner to thin down the inks. I was never informed that Lacquer thinner had Benzene in it which is a cancer causing chemical. I was informed by my father about 3-5 months later that Benzene is in that, I had to approach my supervisor myself (not any upper-management -- ie; bosses, plant managers) to ask for a PPG data sheet explaining to me what was in Lacquer Thinner exactly. He knew all along but I had to go out of MY way to ask for it which I find somewhat irresponsible on the upper-management part. Also, The so-called spray booth isnt really a spray booth, just a converted room with 2 fans sending out the fumes into a side street in Baltimore City. I will be planning on taking pictures and seeking a local lawyer, But id rather get some insight from here maybe you guys could help me out if this is an actual case or not. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back