Girlfriend split with the kids

best91sho

Washington state. Not married, no paternal plan.

We've lived together for over 10 years.

We have 2 boys. One 9 whom she raised and one 3 whom I became a stay at home dad to raise. Both are my children and I'm on the birth certificate.

On wed. She says she's going to go and fill some paperwork out at school ( community college ) and take the boys to get them out of the house. She would bring them back after, before she left for work.

She never returned. She turned her phone off and refused to return texts or calls. I hadn't heard from her till tonight.

I tried to follow her after work to find my children. Unfortunately she spotted me, when I confronted her, she called 911 and told them over the phone she had a restraining order signed yesterday.

This is just blowing my mind. She left me high and dry at our house with $2 in my pocket. She emptied the bank account ( her name ). Our rent is due, insurance next week, my car payment next week, etc.

I've not been served any papers. Had no idea she was doing this.

We've had a rocky relationship the last couple months and we just took a trip to Seattle that seemed to be the boiling point.

I've NEVER, ever hit her. Never raised my hand, nothing. It was either we yelled at each other or I walked away.

And to top it off...she's been off of her antidepressants the last week plus. Her family has history of mental issues.

So, apparently in this crappy state, she can just go say whatever and the judge will sign an order without any input from me.

What can I do? I need my kids back! I didn't even get to say goodbye to them!

What can I do to get them back?

Unmarried males who father children have no parental rights UNLESS they establish paternity through the courts.

Unmarried females who birth children have ALL parental rights vested in her.

I suggest you discuss your issues with an attorney ASAP.

The longer you wait, the harder it will be for you to attempt to obtain your parental rights.

New development...

I went to try and talk to her after work.

Apparently she filed a restraining order and got it signed Thursday.

Just a bunch of vague BS, nothing that actually happened.

She of course forgot to mention that's she's off her anti depressants and her family has a history of mental illness.

I have literally left her alone with the kids for just over 2 hours, when I came home her words were "thank god you're home! It's been hell". Verbatim.

So, after trying to talk to her I went home. Low and behold...BANG BANG BANG on my door. The cops served me and gave me 10 minutes to get my belongings and get out.

I'm really beginning to hate this BS state with anti father laws

Try contacting local law schools as most have free or low cost clinics. There is more than one legal aid place in Washington. You might also contact a few Father's Rights organizations for guidance but I would do my homework on them first as some may have an agenda which conflicts with yours. What happened has nothing to do with anti-father laws and her mental health issues are not an automatic win for you. If you never established paternity, it was a mistake, but fixable. Unfortunately for you, without the protections marriage offers, it does make situations like this more challenging.

I tried calling the free help place and couldn't get through yet.

I went down to the court house today and talked with 3 departments.

1. Family law. They said the only thing they can do is file paternity stuff. But, by doing so it will automatically open a TRO against her, not allowing her to leave the state.

2. Records. So, she filed a police report about a small bruise on the back of her arm. The police report says, when asked how she got the mark, her response was "I don't know". She works in an assisted living facility and comes home with marks somewhat regularly. Plus, she's just an easy bruiser. She'll have a big bruise on her leg and I'll ask how and get the same reply. " I don't know". She gets them just from the hand rails on the beds.

3. Court. Empty court room with a clerk and a judge kicked back in his chair. Just told me to come back on our scheduled day.

So, I printed a mountain of paperwork that needs at least 2 copies each and I'm going to spend the day filling them out. I'll have to try and call the free law tomorrow since they have a 3 hour window to call them.

Well, went to court yesterday.

The judge saw through her BS. He granted her a 2 month order so we can have a cooling off period, but I get to see my boys! Going to get them in a few actually!

I caught her in 2 lies while in court and the judge didn't like that

Plus, the judge added that the kids can't leave the state. Plus I got an emergency order earlier this week preventing her from doing it again

Back