Court-mandated drug testing results

y2flu

My wife and her ex-husband are currently involved in a custody dispute over their son, who is 16. Both of them (parents) were required to undergo a drug test (hair follicle). The question is, how will we know if he passed or failed? My wife can't afford an attorney, so she has been forced to represent herself.

My wife and her ex-husband are currently involved in a custody dispute over their son, who is 16. Both of them (parents) were required to undergo a drug test (hair follicle). The question is, how will we know if he passed or failed? My wife can't afford an attorney, so she has been forced to represent herself.

All will be revealed, sooner or later, in court.
She's representing herself, so she'll get noticed.
Patience, grasshopper, patience.

All will be revealed, sooner or later, in court.
She's representing herself, so she'll get noticed.
Patience, grasshopper, patience.

Problem is, she failed her test -- tested positive for cocaine. They came and picked up my stepson today and granted his father temporary custody. However, the father has a history of heroin use, and his hair test result has not been given yet. That's why we are eager to find out whether he passed or not.

If your wife is using cocaine you have bigger problems than what her ex might have done in the past year. Focus your energies there. It sounds like this poor kid has two problem parents and the court is not given any good options. If the court placed the child with Dad, one would presume there was a hearing of some kind and the issue of the drug tests would have been brought to light there. I have a feeling you are only getting part of the story.

If your wife is using cocaine you have bigger problems than what her ex might have done in the past year. Focus your energies there. It sounds like this poor kid has two problem parents and the court is not given any good options. If the court placed the child with Dad, one would presume there was a hearing of some kind and the issue of the drug tests would have been brought to light there. I have a feeling you are only getting part of the story.

Let me clarify: both were subjected to urine and hair tests. The urine test results came back the next day. He passed his but my wife failed hers. I don't know how he was able to get her results but he did, and the next day he and lawyer filed for an emergency custody hearing and he was granted custody. However, we still don't gave the hair test results because they won't be ready til later this week. So if he fails his, then what?

If he happens to fail the hair test you can file for a change in custody but do not expect to get it if the other parent failed too and had a positive urine test.

Back