Parental rights

Kynurse78

DCBS has temporary custody of my 13 year old daughter due to no fault of ours! Anyways our parental rights are intact but they are keeping us from making decisions regarding her education and keeping us from attending doctor appointments along with revoking receiving and information from the doctors! How can they do this if our parental rights have not been terminated?! Do we have legal repercussion we can seek? I feel like they are messing with our parental rights!

We have been to court and the finding was dependency! DCBS did there investigation and didn't find anything about abuse and neglect! This whole thing started with a out of control child that we went to the courts for help with! Now we are the ones being punished! If it was something we done you would of thought they would of removed my other 2 children from the home!!! We are 5 months into this situation and haven't gotten any further than the dirt day we started and aren't being told anything!! But they do say our parental rights haven't been terminated and there isn't any reason why they would be!! So what legal action can I do?

You need to talk to a Lawyer about that. However its not unusual to only remove the child who is suspected of being abused. I have seen this happen before.

Back