Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Neighbor harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedirf

My neighbor has been actually locked up for quote on quote harassing his neighbors. The only problem here is that the wrong guy is being locked up. The ones who are putting in the complaint are the ones who are harassing the neighbor who was arrested. The neighbor who got arrested is redoing his house but it is taking longer than he thought. These other people have been pissed off it is taking so long they have slashed his tires, spray painted his fence, among other things. The neighbor who has done nothing was locked up overnite in jail because the other people put in harassment suit against claiming false allegations which is all hear say. The neighbor who got arrested was told not to even look at the other neighbors or bother with them. since then his house is been broken into more tires have been slashed and they laugh at him and make faces and dance around the yard trying to taunt him. Does my one good neighbor the one who is being harassed and arrested and brought up on charges do anything to help his case out. his lawyer told do not do a thing. He says he cannot put in a complaint because they already have a complaint on him. These particular neighbors have friends in the local police precincts and it seems everytime they call the cops they show up right away and keep taking made up reports about my good neighbor. I am starting to get frustrated and will testify against these angry people. please help us with any info. thanks

Your neighbor is doing the right thing by listening to his lawyer. It's good that he has you as a witness to what these other neighbors are doing. Try to catch them on camera, either photo or video, doing these things like dancing around and stuff. If you could catch them in the act of the crimes they are committing that would be even better. Just don't let them know what you are doing. If you can get them doing the harrassing that would help your neighbor and also prove that the cops were doing the bad guys a favor. There must be an internal affairs office or something like that at the police station. If you get evidence, try also to make a case against the police who are friends with these people and falsely arrested this man. Otherwise every other neighbor in the neighborhood could be next. If there are other neighbors you can trust who can help look out and watch the bad neighbors, they could be witnesses too.

it is still happening

still happening and they keep adding charges to my neighbor.. His lawyer is still telling him to sit tight while these social deviants drive by and mock him and pretend they are going to hit him with the car. I told my neighbor to stay with someone else for a while but he says he is staying on his property. I personally hate cops they have done absolutely nothing. If this shit happens to me then I will take care of it myself. I believe the justice system is just like the Government protect the wealthy while the middle class and the poor get shit on. Well I myself will defend my property and family myself without the help of the cops and judicial systems. I have had it and so have alot of other people, and if something or someone enters my property they will be dealt with. Thank You for your help but the system fails another working stiff again.

Vigilantism is not the answer

If you have a camcorder, videotape his activities.

Send copies to your local chief of police and every local newscrew.

Seeking help for a friend.

My friend is a young woman living in Nevada. Her neighbor has at least two surveillance cameras pointed into her house and motion sensing high intensity floodlights pointed at her house. When she has called the police, they have told her she is harassing him by calling them. Apparently, the harassing neighbor is a retired cop, go figure. She is now afraid of retaliation by the department if she complains again.

She does not know I am doing this for her and I will not reveille her location. I need to know exactly what Nevada and or Federal Laws prohibit the neighbor from recording the inside of her house. I need this info to stop the injustice being done to her.

Thanks in advance.
Emmett

Unfortunately people can video tape. It's audio tape that is not allowed. So as long as the neighbor isn't recording her speak without telling her first, he's not doing anything illegal. The only thing she can do is make sure her curtains are closed so he can't see anything going on inside her house.

emmett92627 said:
My friend is a young woman living in Nevada. Her neighbor has at least two surveillance cameras pointed into her house and motion sensing high intensity floodlights pointed at her house. When she has called the police, they have told her she is harassing him by calling them. Apparently, the harassing neighbor is a retired cop, go figure. She is now afraid of retaliation by the department if she complains again.

She does not know I am doing this for her and I will not reveille her location. I need to know exactly what Nevada and or Federal Laws prohibit the neighbor from recording the inside of her house. I need this info to stop the injustice being done to her.

Unfortunately people can video tape. It's audio tape that is not allowed. So as long as the neighbor isn't recording her speak without telling her first, he's not doing anything illegal. The only thing she can do is make sure her curtains are closed so he can't see anything going on inside her house.
Actually Carney, that's not entirely true. There have been cases of trespass with regard to surveillance equipment. Several states have "invasion of privacy" laws and famous cases include Chuck Berry -- yes, the man who sang "Johnny B. Goode" and "My Ding-A-Ling." He allegedly videotaped dozens of women using the rest rooms in his home -- the case settled out of court for a reported seven figure sum. I'm not sure about Nevada but I do know that NY and several other states (MO I believe too) have such "peeping tom" laws that might be applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back