What can i do about this?

SabbyGirl

i am having a huge battle with my ex husband over my daughter. What happened was he told the court that i didn't have a job or a house, or a car. When in fact i did i was living with my mom in ft benning GA. He has not been following the visitation telling me when i can get her and on his time. When in the decree it says I am supposed to get her every other weekend. Every other spring break same with the other holidays. He has taken her out of state without notifying me or asking me. It is also stated in the decree that he is not to do that. He is also military and has cheated on his current now ex wife and has another baby with this woman that isn't his wife. He was also abusive when we were married he falsified the divorce decree with my signature. He also wrote on the decree which is my mothers married name. I have never carried that name. I have photographic evidence of the abuse he put me through, also him giving my daughter alcohol. Has lied about me making efforts to visit my daughter and tried to have my parental rights terminated. I want my daughter back and i want to see if i have a case before i fork out the money to a lawyer to reveiw the case.

You can talk to one lawyer, two lawyers, or dozens of lawyers about your legal problems.
That initial talk will cost you nothing.
Lawyers usually meet with prospective clients the first time for FREE.
So, tomorrow, start your research, make a few appointments, and let a real lawyer evaluate your real problems for FREE!
Then you have yourself a think to two about all that you've learned, to decide how you proceed.

Agree, you really do need a lawyer's help - need to discuss with a lawyer.

Your post is unclear. Why were you in court? If he forged your name on divorce papers, are you actually divorced? You mention a new wife so this sounds like it was some time ago and was long ago resolved. It isn't clear what documents he signed for you or when this was. Has the court granted him custody or is the child just living with him by voluntary agreement?

Proving you have a home (though if you are just staying with someone else, that often is not the same as owning or renting your own home as the court will see it), car and job is easy, assuming you actually have those things.

His being military and cheating on his new wife have zero bearing on custody. Monogamy is not a requirement for parenthood. Neither is past abuse of you, especially if this was many years ago and not directed at the child. If he is abusing the child, I would hope you would have already called CPS to report it. As for the alcohol, it depends how old the child is and the circumstances under which he allowed it. If it was party of a religious ceremony or a teen being permitted to partake of a champagne toast at a wedding that is quite different than handing an 8 year old a 6 pack.

If you do not have a lawyer, I highly suggest retaining one.

Your post is unclear. Why were you in court? If he forged your name on divorce papers, are you actually divorced? You mention a new wife so this sounds like it was some time ago and was long ago resolved. It isn't clear what documents he signed for you or when this was. Has the court granted him custody or is the child just living with him by voluntary agreement?

Proving you have a home (though if you are just staying with someone else, that often is not the same as owning or renting your own home as the court will see it), car and job is easy, assuming you actually have those things.

His being military and cheating on his new wife have zero bearing on custody. Monogamy is not a requirement for parenthood. Neither is past abuse of you, especially if this was many years ago and not directed at the child. If he is abusing the child, I would hope you would have already called CPS to report it. As for the alcohol, it depends how old the child is and the circumstances under which he allowed it. If it was party of a religious ceremony or a teen being permitted to partake of a champagne toast at a wedding that is quite different than handing an 8 year old a 6 pack.

If you do not have a lawyer, I highly suggest retaining one.

We were in court for the divorce he was awarded partial custody. and yes we are divorced. this was back in 2010. it was the divorce papers he signed and forged my name on. It does in the military because it is highly frowned upon and he will receive ucmj action which will land him in prison. demotion and loss of pay. samething with abuse units prosecute to the full extent of ucmj action for that as well. she was only a year old when the picture was taken of her with the alcohol she is only 7 now. Hopefully that clears up some of your questions.

I still suggest you discuss/talk with a lawyer.

A picture taken with alcohol may be in poor taste but it is not in any way indicative that the child is in danger. If he forged your name on the documents ,you may not be legally divorced, but it depends on what documents. What did you do at the time to resolve this?

As all this happened more than 5 yeas ago as best I can tell, you will need to consult a lawyer.

Back