father granted to be the supervisor for visitation

jeremytate1

My gf and I have been together for two years. We are both clean and sober. We both work. She is going through a custody and divorce battle with her crazy ex. I got her away from him because he was beating her and locking her up in their house so she couldn't leave. She went to court the other day and despite no proof. The judge gave her supervised custody and made it him as the supervisor. That can't be legal? They can't make her have to sit with him for dinner two nights a week can they? They have no proof she's a bad mother and her 13 year old son tells them every day that he wants to live with his mother and I and that his dad is crazy.

Well apparently they can since they did. And no, they can't "make her sit with him for dinner two nights a week." But for time being if she wants to visit with her son, those are the rules in place.

OK. The judge doesn't have my name nor did she even put it on the order but said I can't be there at the restaurant. Not putting it on the order or on file can she tell me where I can or can't go? By just saying "the boyfriend can't be there"

OK. The judge doesn't have my name nor did she even put it on the order but said I can't be there at the restaurant. Not putting it on the order or on file can she tell me where I can or can't go? By just saying "the boyfriend can't be there"

You are a legal stranger to that child, despite any relationship you have with the child's mother.

You are best served to not insinuate yourself into those dinners.

No, so far, you haven't been enjoined NOT to appear at the restaurant where their family eats.

If you continue to attempt to be involved where you have no legal standing, you may suddenly find the father has filed for a restraining order that would require you stay 500 feet away from him and his child.

Do yourself a favor, stay out of her business, insofar as this matter is concerned.

I understand.. don't get me wrong I'm in now way getting into it. I just want to make sure she's getting a fair go. So far the minute the guy cries in court he gets whatever he wants. I find it to be ridiculous. Can she request a different judge or outside supervised that doesn't know either of them?

I understand.. don't get me wrong I'm in now way getting into it. I just want to make sure she's getting a fair go. So far the minute the guy cries in court he gets whatever he wants. I find it to be ridiculous. Can she request a different judge or outside supervised that doesn't know either of them?

You can help her get a fair (or fairer) shake by hiring her (or helping her hire) an attorney.

No one gets much of anything without a good attorney, except screwed, in the legal system.

If it's not written in the court orders that you can't be there, then there's nothing enforceable. However, if you do go with her, someday your girlfriend may be back in front of this same judge explaining why she went against his verbal directive.

Unless there is some type of evidence, these court hearings are his version and her version and the judge has to decide who's telling the truth or the closest to the truth. So if he went with an attorney and presented a well-prepared, believable case, and she went unprepared, on her own, he may have appeared to be the most believable. An attorney can try to get another hearing and work with her on presenting a better case.

The judge must have had reason to make the decision that was made. However, she can certainly talk to an attorney & see what he/she might be able to do for her.

Court orders are court orders. If you really want to help her out, then hire an attorney and look for a possible way to change this order. However, orders are orders and that's how it's going to be due to whatever reason the judge had that you might not be saying or she may not be telling you in your opening post. Until then, it's between her and her child's father.

Back