Legitimate

Carly22casey

I already know that my son's father wants to legitimate our son who was legitimized last year in June. Can someone please tell me what the following letter to the non-custodial from the judge means? I received a letter yesterday from the courts. This letter was addressed to my son's father and they are just letting me know what was said in the letter addressed to him. He had me served because he wants to petition to have our son's name changed and to have him legitimized . Our son is 17 months old. In the letter it states:

Upon review of the file of the referenced case, pursuant to your Notice of Stipulation to the Active List files on June 15, 2015, Jude ***** has asked me to advise you that she will not place this case on the trial calendar at this time due to the following:

1) You must submit the underlying child support order you are seeking to modify.

2) U.S.C.R. 24.2 requires that you file with the clerk and serve on the opposing party the Child Support Worksheet/Schedules required by O.C.G.A. 19-6-15.

3)There is no proof in the record that the parties have submitted their case for mediation pursuant to the standing order of the Superior Court. You may contact the Alternative Dispute Resolution Office at ****** for information and scheduling.

Once these matters are appropriately addressed, you may file a new and current Notice of Stipulation to the Active List.

Can someone P-L-E-A-S-E break this down for me? Is this a good thing for me and will it now take a while before this case is placed on a calendar?

Now, can someone tell me what does the letter means for us?

Thank you

I'm not sure what your question is. Apparently the father is trying to seek a modification of some kind but needs to take the steps outlined first. We have no way of predicting if or when he will do this.

I already know that my son's father wants to legitimate our son who was legitimized last year in June. Can someone please tell me what the following letter to the non-custodial from the judge means? I received a letter yesterday from the courts. This letter was addressed to my son's father and they are just letting me know what was said in the letter addressed to him. He had me served because he wants to petition to have our son's name changed and to have him legitimized . Our son is 17 months old. In the letter it states:

Upon review of the file of the referenced case, pursuant to your Notice of Stipulation to the Active List files on June 15, 2015, Jude ***** has asked me to advise you that she will not place this case on the trial calendar at this time due to the following:

1) You must submit the underlying child support order you are seeking to modify.

2) U.S.C.R. 24.2 requires that you file with the clerk and serve on the opposing party the Child Support Worksheet/Schedules required by O.C.G.A. 19-6-15.

3)There is no proof in the record that the parties have submitted their case for mediation pursuant to the standing order of the Superior Court. You may contact the Alternative Dispute Resolution Office at ****** for information and scheduling.

Once these matters are appropriately addressed, you may file a new and current Notice of Stipulation to the Active List.

Can someone P-L-E-A-S-E break this down for me? Is this a good thing for me and will it now take a while before this case is placed on a calendar?

Now, can someone tell me what does the letter means for us?

Thank you

You can take all of your documents and visit a local lawyer who will be able to offer you an interpretation and analysis of the questions that puzzle you.
Don't take any advice you receive via the internet as REAL legal advice.

Back