Rights to my son

EthansMommy1911

3 years ago i signed custody over to my mother because I was not in a situation to take care of him. At the time she said when I cleaned up she would give him back over to me. She has now gone back on her word and soon I have to go to court just to fight for my visitation rights. what am I allowed to ask for within reason being his mother I am wanting every other weekend all holidays and his birthday since the past year she has kept him from me all those occasions. any advice on how to handle this would be great. although eventually my main goal is for me to gain full custody back any advice for that as well will be helpfull. I know Virginia is for the mother first so i hope my chances are good please help!

You'll need an attorney. Grandma has three years of status quo on her side.

Agree, this is something you will want to talk to a lawyer about & get his/her help. Good luck.

3 years ago i signed custody over to my mother because I was not in a situation to take care of him. At the time she said when I cleaned up she would give him back over to me. She has now gone back on her word and soon I have to go to court just to fight for my visitation rights. what am I allowed to ask for within reason being his mother I am wanting every other weekend all holidays and his birthday since the past year she has kept him from me all those occasions. any advice on how to handle this would be great. although eventually my main goal is for me to gain full custody back any advice for that as well will be helpfull. I know Virginia is for the mother first so i hope my chances are good please help!

If my child is safe, being loved, happy, receiving medical care, being fed, living in a clean home, going to school, and becoming a good person; why would I upset his little apple cart?

I'd be so grateful to my mother for helping me out when I was so screwed up and had my priorities all out of order, and my wonderful mother stood up and succeeded where I was failing.

Naw, if it were me, I'd leave the kid be, and make sure I got myself on child support to assist my mother with raising a kid that should never have been her responsibility.

I guess we all have different ideas and priorities, at least that's what I hear.

Back