Child visitation

Jayme

If we have my son for the weekend and the first day of school is starting the Monday following my weekend, do I get to take him to his first day of school? Or does he still need to be returned home Sunday at 6pm--- also is it correct that during the school year we can have him overnight on our weekly Thursday visits and take him to school on Fridays?

What do your custody orders say about what time Son has to return to the managing conservator?

If we have my son for the weekend and the first day of school is starting the Monday following my weekend, do I get to take him to his first day of school? Or does he still need to be returned home Sunday at 6pm--- also is it correct that during the school year we can have him overnight on our weekly Thursday visits and take him to school on Fridays?

Why not do what is best for the kid?
It's not about you.
It's always about what is easier for the kid.
Why disrupt the kid's school week and routine?
If you really want to be there when school starts, meet the other parent at school and walk in following the kid.
Take the kid back on Sunday at 6:00 PM, so he can get a good nights sleep, calm down, and be ready to get back in the saddle Monday morning.
He's not a toy, he's a human being trying to grow up, understand the mess others created, and be a good student.
Help the kid, don't harm him.

This is what drives Judges nuts. Your trying to split hairs and rewrite order to your own suiting. I am not saying your wrong in trying to get more time. What happens is one of the parents goes back to court claiming other parent is violating order. Its time the two parents and act like adults and work this out for themselves. More on co parenting here http://www.parentnook.com/co-parenting-advice-for-your-children/ Dont ask the court to micro manage your visitation order. No one here can tell you what your order actually says

The bottom line is the court order rules (not that you can't try & work something out in this situation with the other parent).

Back