Help

hazed

My wife is bi-polar. I have tried for years to understand and cope with her issues. She always ends up attacking me verbally when I listen to her and give her my opinion.
She recently has been getting worse and worse.
She has threaten to commit suicide over a handful of times. She verbally cusses out and screams at my 3 year old for simple 3 year old things.for example: She doesnt understand my daughter is 3 and unable to hold her pee until she gets to the toilet. There are many worse examples but too many to list.
I am afraid she may cause physical harm to herself, me, or even my daughter at this pont.

Ive told her she has my support to go on meds that her psychiatrist prescribes her but she denies it and says i dont want her to go on meds.... I am at a loss. I dont know where to turn. This has been going on for a couple of years and my daughter has finally told me she is afraid of her mommy and wants me to protect her. We own a home together. What steps can I take legally to keep her away from my daughter, my home and myself ASAP.
Can i change the locks on my doors and ignore her demands to open the door, legally?
PLEASE HELP!

My wife is bi-polar. I have tried for years to understand and cope with her issues. She always ends up attacking me verbally when I listen to her and give her my opinion.
She recently has been getting worse and worse.
She has threaten to commit suicide over a handful of times. She verbally cusses out and screams at my 3 year old for simple 3 year old things.for example: She doesnt understand my daughter is 3 and unable to hold her pee until she gets to the toilet. There are many worse examples but too many to list.
I am afraid she may cause physical harm to herself, me, or even my daughter at this pont.

Ive told her she has my support to go on meds that her psychiatrist prescribes her but she denies it and says i dont want her to go on meds.... I am at a loss. I dont know where to turn. This has been going on for a couple of years and my daughter has finally told me she is afraid of her mommy and wants me to protect her. We own a home together. What steps can I take legally to keep her away from my daughter, my home and myself ASAP.
Can i change the locks on my doors and ignore her demands to open the door, legally?
PLEASE HELP!

Your wife needs help.
You can help her get help.
You need to have her committed for an emergency psych eval.

In HI, if a police officer has reason to believe that a person is imminently dangerous to self or others, or is gravely disabled, or is obviously ill, the officer shall call for assistance from the mental health emergency workers designated by the director.

Upon written or oral application of any licensed physician, psychologist, attorney, member of the clergy, health or social service professional, or any state or county employee in the course of employment, a judge may issue an ex parte order causing the person to be admitted to a health facility for psychiatric evaluation and treatment.

It may be able to call "991", if you want to risk her next psychotic or mental health breakdown, or episode.
The police can act fairly quickly when they observe her in action.
Furthermore, what you see might not be mental illness, it could be drug abuse.

Here's how in HI:

http://www.mentalhealth-hi.org/finding-help-guide

http://www.treatmentadvocacycenter.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=207&Itemid=142

If that fails, you might need to consider divorce.
Your major concern here must be your child.
If she has mental health issues, there's no way you are able to help her, except to get her mental health assistance, and keep your daughter away form her.

Back