Other Criminal Procedure What kind of attorney do I need????

Bigblockblair

Hi all, I am thinking about bringing suit against the county, the sheriff dept and possibly the judge in my case. What kind of attorney do I need for this task???

Good luck with that. You would probably want one that does civil rights work & who is highly rated. This will be expensive.

Hi all, I am thinking about bringing suit against the county, the sheriff dept and possibly the judge in my case. What kind of attorney do I need for this task???

The judge can't be sued by little, old YOU.

If the judge exhibited judicial misconduct, you can report him or her to this agency in your state:

https://www.courts.mo.gov/page.jsp?id=230

This is a link to the form that one must file to start the investigation against the judge. The process is FREE and open to adults in your state:

https://www.courts.mo.gov/file.jsp?id=63897

Anyone can file a complaint against a judge, and an official complaint form can be obtained from the commission's office or downloaded from this website. A letter will be treated as a complaint if it contains the information required on the official form. There is no charge for filing a complaint.

A complaint consists of a statement of facts describing the judge's conduct and listing the names of witnesses who can verify the facts. The complainant is not required to provide court rules, but may attach copies of documents that might help the commission understand the complaint.

Complaints must be mailed or delivered to the commission's office. All complaints are numbered and screened in the order in which they are received. The commission's investigation may take several months, depending on the complexity of the matter and the commission's caseload.

The complainant and the judge will be notified by mail of the commission's decision at the conclusion of the investigation. If either disagrees with the commission's decision, he or she may request that the commission reconsider its decision. The request for reconsideration must present evidence or argument that was not previously provided to the commission.

In all likelihood, the judge is shielded by JUDICIAL IMMUNITY.

Back