Can I get custody?

Britt1092

my child's father has a son and they are 6months apart. He doesn't provide anything for her, he uses drugs, and hardly sees her. His other child's mother is dangerous and he has a bad temper, and I don't feel comfortable leaving my child with them without my presence, with this is it possible for me to get custody of my child?

You are free to hire an attorney and pursue custody of your child in the courts of Virginia.
Good luck.

with this is it possible for me to get custody of my child?

There is no way we can say & we don't have full complete details. You need to discuss with a lawyer or two. This is something that will need to be handled through the court system.

Are you or were you married to the father? Has paternity been established legally? If the answer is no, you have custody by default. If you fear for the child's safety, don't allow the child to visit with the father. He may file with the court to establish paternity and custody/visitation, but that may not happen and if he is as volatile as you claim, he likely won't get unsupervised visits. You would have to comply with any court order.

Back