Bad Nanny Question

obelix1234

My question involves child abuse or neglect in the State of: Georgia

Question I have that I've not been able to find an answer to on google.

An ex babysitter that we had for about a year and a half or so forged a few checks of ours. She was arrested a few months ago for this and we filed charges and the state is prosecuting, it's +10 counts of forgery 4th deg. The prosecutor called us to tell us about the deal he offered her. I called my wife and told her.

My wife is pretty nosey and likes to snoop around a bit, (what wife isn't), some point while she was a baby sitter for us my wife stumbled across her social media profile. After I told my wife about the deal she wanted to see what she was up to lately and went to the social media page. Found out that she's a babysitter again, apparently the new family asked her to clean out some area of the house and she found their stash of sex toys, and she took a photo of what looked like quite a collection ( I wouldn't really know). I can't believe that anyone would want something like that on a public social media account, I would be very surprised if they know she did this, so I'm assuming that they don't.

In another post we come across what really concerned us. There was a photo she took of what appears to be that family's kid 100% nude on the counter. Again, I'm pretty sure that someone wouldn't want a photo of their kid nude on some public page. Which brings me to my biggest concern. She had ample access to take nude photos of my kids over the time she was our baby sitter (going to the pool, everyday life, etc).

What rights if any do parents have to keep any nude photos taken unknown to them from being posted on the internet. I'm concerned that she might have photos of my kids and I may not know it, or I may not know where they may have been posted. In my opinion she exercised poor judgment doing this to someone else's kid and after everything we've been through with the stealing I'm now thinking that it's possible that this could have happened to us as well. So again, is this either illegal or if not illegal could I handle it civilly if I could find out this happened to us.

Which brings me to the other question, how could I find out if she has any nude photos of my kids. I only know about the one public social media account, how could we find out if there are any photos on her personal storage or other social accounts?

This is frankly none of your business. Report it to the prosecutor and let them determine if there's any criminality here.

And it's the prosecutor's job, not yours, to do the investigation as to whether they have nor not.

What rights if any do parents have to keep any nude photos taken unknown to them from being posted on the internet. I'm concerned that she might have photos of my kids and I may not know it, or I may not know where they may have been posted. In my opinion she exercised poor judgment doing this to someone else's kid and after everything we've been through with the stealing I'm now thinking that it's possible that this could have happened to us as well. So again, is this either illegal or if not illegal could I handle it civilly if I could find out this happened to us.

Which brings me to the other question, how could I find out if she has any nude photos of my kids. I only know about the one public social media account, how could we find out if there are any photos on her personal storage or other social accounts?

Women, who eventually become wives are no more nosier than men who become husbands.

To answer your question, you have NO more right to search your former babysitter's belongings than she has a right to search yours.

In fact, neither does the prosecutor have any inherent right to snoop into any citizen's belongings, or activities, without a criminal probe being launched.
If such a probe were launched, such as the one that seems to have gotten her in hot water, the prosecutor's right to probe is even limited.

If you believe you possess a right to KNOW if she took any naughty photos of your babies, you are free to go to court and convince a judge to issue YOU and YOUR "NOSEY" wife a search warrant that allows you to enter her home (or the place she is currently 'squatting') and SEARCH for the evidence you believe that exists.

Oh, make sure the judge issues you and your "NOSEY" wife an arrest warrant, so that you can bag and tag the miscreant babysitter.

Yeah, good luck with that, boss man!!!

You can go ahead & mention this to the prosecutor who is handling the forged check case (it seems like you don't have any proof she took nude pictures of your children) though I doubt anything will come of it.

How old was this kid she took a picture of and were any private body parts showing? If this was a very young child, it is not uncommon, nor criminal to take pictures of said child in the bath, or undressed. Feelings regarding the sharing of such pictures on social media vary, but it is not obviously illegal, even if perhaps ill advised. If your wife was able to access the pictures so was the other family. You need to stay out of it.

As for your kids, there isn't much you can do. You have no real reason to believe she took any inappropriate pictures of your kids and you can already verify none made it onto social media. General mistrust and behavior in someone else's home you disapprove of does not give you any grounds to search her home or confiscate her camera or whatever it is you want to do.

Back