Child custody

ahaigler123

My husband and I have been seperated for a year and we have shared custody of our 3 year old son and he threatens to take him away from me . I provide a stable home environment and never mistreat our son. Does he have ground to stand on?

My husband and I have been seperated for a year and we have shared custody of our 3 year old son and he threatens to take him away from me . I provide a stable home environment and never mistreat our son. Does he have ground to stand on?

As long as you're married,his parental rights and yours are equal.
Only after a court battle, and a judge has issued a court order naming HIM as custodial parent can he LEGALLY take the child away from you.
I suggest you simply hire an attorney, instruct her or him to file for divorce, seek an emergency custody order naming you custodial parent during the pendency of the proceedings, along with emergency child and spousal support.

That'll wake the big mouth braggart up!!!!

Thanks for the advice. He pays $300 a month in child support and now he's trying to get out of it because he watches our son during the day Monday thru Friday while I work and has him 2 nights a week . I have him the rest of the time. my ex works weekend 2nd.We arranged it so our son wouldn't have to be in daycare. Do you think that I could get full custody?

Thanks for the advice. He pays $300 a month in child support and now he's trying to get out of it because he watches our son during the day Monday thru Friday while I work and has him 2 nights a week . I have him the rest of the time. my ex works weekend 2nd.We arranged it so our son wouldn't have to be in daycare. Do you think that I could get full custody?

Any change in custody often requires a significant change in circumstances.

That means an illness, homelessness, mental health issues, drug abuse concerns, incarceration, something significant.
Wanting this or that isn't considered significant change in circumstances.
That said, only a court in your county can decide.
What anyone else thinks, including me isn't meaningful.
I suggest you discuss your concerns with an attorney or two in your county.

You really need to discuss your situation with an attorney. He/she will be able to help you & answer any questions you might have.

Is the support court ordered? In addition has anything changed since you first separated. Example is the time child is with Dad same as before? If the child is spending significant more time with Dad than when first support ruling was issued he could get this lowered.

It is not court ordered. We agreed to him paying child support in our agreement. No. Nothing has changed since he left as far as the time that we both have with our son.

Minus a court order either parent can pretty much do as he/she wishes which can include taking child. I would urge you to involve courts and get rulings on custody, visitation and, support

Back