gaining custody of my sister by adoption

horselover2000

ok my mother and father have adopted my niece. they have had her since she was a baby. but i have provided for her for over two years now. my mother spends most of her money on pain killers. Today i went to go spend the night my mother threw a fit on me because of the drug situation and her having no cigarettes the water was cut off. i had to live through this my self growing up and know it is no situation to be in. My sister passed away in 2010 so she can do nothing to stop it. finally i left the house because she was throwing stuff threw it. do i have any chance and what needs to be done my other siblings will try to stop me from gaining custody also.

If your adopted niece (sister) is being physically or emotionally abused, neglected or anything of that sort, you need to contact Child Protective Services. Before anyone else could adopt her, your/her mother & father's rights would need to be terminated by the court. She is currently their child. All this would involve a lawyer & the court system. Even gaining custody would involve a lawyer & court system & proving parents are unfit.

ok my mother and father have adopted my niece. they have had her since she was a baby. but i have provided for her for over two years now. my mother spends most of her money on pain killers. Today i went to go spend the night my mother threw a fit on me because of the drug situation and her having no cigarettes the water was cut off. i had to live through this my self growing up and know it is no situation to be in. My sister passed away in 2010 so she can do nothing to stop it. finally i left the house because she was throwing stuff threw it. do i have any chance and what needs to be done my other siblings will try to stop me from gaining custody also.

You need to report EVERYTHING to the police.
You also need to see if social services can assist you.

Back