Other Criminal Charges & Offenses joehess2015

joehess2015

I live in north Ridgeville ohio Lorain county well today I was arrested for an m1 phone harassment long story but the Warrant was out of Lorain city also in Lorain county, well as I'm being booked in the officers tell me that since I dnt live in Lorain I dnt get the option to pay ten percent to a bondsman. So I said your telling me that if someone from Lorain city was here with the same exact charge as me are given the ten percent option but I'm not is this legal ? Its definitely unconstitutional.

I live in north Ridgeville ohio Lorain county well today I was arrested for an m1 phone harassment long story but the Warrant was out of Lorain city also in Lorain county, well as I'm being booked in the officers tell me that since I dnt live in Lorain I dnt get the option to pay ten percent to a bondsman. So I said your telling me that if someone from Lorain city was here with the same exact charge as me are given the ten percent option but I'm not is this legal ? Its definitely unconstitutional.

You betcha its legal, and the reason is that certain charges are heard in certain courts.
Your charge is likely heard in a muni court or city court.
The court presumes that citizens residing within its jurisdictional boundaries are more tied to the community, easily tracked, and more than likely less likely to flee.

However, I'm a nobody, insofar as that court and you are concerned.
You are free to make the constitutional argument somewhere within your state's court system, if you are so inclined.
Good luck, because its simply how the court in that city governs itself.

Back