family

bobdude

i am 14 years old. i live with my mom and my sister. my mom is very abusive. today, i was really tired, and my mom asked me to do the laundry, and i told her i was very tired. she went on a tantrum. she went into my closet and started throwing stuff (like my clothes) out while screaming at the top of her lungs "clean this up". she found a suitcase and threw it at me. she was looking for something else to throw at me, so i got up and i punched her in the back twice so she would stop. (dont worry, it was self defense) she also threatens to kick me out of the house, and she threatened to stab me ounce. i want to leave and run away, but i could never support myself financially. my parents are divorced, and my dad can get out of control sometimes. what are my legal options?

This is a US law forum. However; if you are ever abused, contact "Child Services" or tell a trusted adult.

i am 14 years old. i live with my mom and my sister. my mom is very abusive. today, i was really tired, and my mom asked me to do the laundry, and i told her i was very tired. she went on a tantrum. she went into my closet and started throwing stuff (like my clothes) out while screaming at the top of her lungs "clean this up". she found a suitcase and threw it at me. she was looking for something else to throw at me, so i got up and i punched her in the back twice so she would stop. (dont worry, it was self defense) she also threatens to kick me out of the house, and she threatened to stab me ounce. i want to leave and run away, but i could never support myself financially. my parents are divorced, and my dad can get out of control sometimes. what are my legal options?

I suggest you start by discussing you living situation with one of your school counselor's.
Be very careful because what you describe as "self defense" could be considered by the prosecutor in your area as "domestic violence".
Talk to a counselor at school first thing on Monday, but for your sake, keep your hands to yourself.
Otherwise, the police are but a phone call away.

Back