custody issues

lnug

Hello, the mother of my child and I have a parenting plan that states I am able to see my daughter every friday and saturday from 10:00 to 11:30 and on sunday from 11:00-11:30. This has been going on for about 4 months now. My daughter's birthday falls on a Saturday and her mother is telling me that she won't be able to make it because she is throwing a party for my daughter. She does have a no contact order and she supervises the visits until I am off of probation in about a month. I have a right to see my daughter on Saturday, her birthday. What can I do? Can I call the cops because she's withholding my daughter from me during my time?

You have very limited visitation to begin with. Before we go any further, is there a specific reason why you have only short, supervised visits?

(No, the police won't do anything other than maybe allow you to file a report)

I have a domestic violence charge that happened about a year ago. I was given probation and 30 anger management/parenting classes. I only have about 4 more classes left and then I am finished with probation and the program. We're going to court on the 31st because she filed another claim against be because I have "fed our daughter junk food, she gets clingy and acts up after the visits with me and because I let her crawl up the slide." So, there's nothing that can be done about her missing my visit to plan a party for our daughter?

I have a domestic violence charge that happened about a year ago. I was given probation and 30 anger management/parenting classes. I only have about 4 more classes left and then I am finished with probation and the program. We're going to court on the 31st because she filed another claim against be because I have "fed our daughter junk food, she gets clingy and acts up after the visits with me and because I let her crawl up the slide." So, there's nothing that can be done about her missing my visit to plan a party for our daughter?

You might be able to cause a little ruckus, but why start anything prior to the 31st?
If I were you, I'd simply document the situation and make sure your lawyer mentions it to the court.
Meanwhile, if you are allowed, send your daughter a great birthday gift.
If that causes an issue, just buy her birthday gifts and make sure you give them to her the next time she visits you.
Kids don't get all twisted over these little messes, if their parents don't make too big a deal out of it.
Keep doing your work, and soon you'll have paid your debt to society.
Good for you, sir.

She wants to change the parenting plan so I get even less time but I just don't see the point in the court date because nothing is going to change until I get off of probation. This is so frustrating because she's keeping my daughter from me and I feel so helpless. Especially since I am not even able to leave the play place where we meet. After I'm finished with this court stuff is there any way she can keep me from having unsupervised visits with my daughter?

After I'm finished with this court stuff is there any way she can keep me from having unsupervised visits with my daughter?

You will need to discuss this with a lawyer. It will need to be done through the court system.

She wants to change the parenting plan so I get even less time but I just don't see the point in the court date because nothing is going to change until I get off of probation. This is so frustrating because she's keeping my daughter from me and I feel so helpless. Especially since I am not even able to leave the play place where we meet. After I'm finished with this court stuff is there any way she can keep me from having unsupervised visits with my daughter?

She can try, but as long as you are doing well, it likely won't work.
In fact, all of these shenanigans might be to get your goat.
If she does that, she thinks you'll blow up.
Its up to you, sir.
You have learned some very good coping skills, as well as other positive behaviors over these past few months.
Those anger management programs are quite good, if you do the hard work.
Just be cool, be calm, go to your safe and happy place, and remember you're doing it all for your kid.
Your kid loves you, so just keep pushing ahead, wear a big smile, and never let the enemy see you sweat.

Hello, the mother of my child and I have a parenting plan that states I am able to see my daughter every friday and saturday from 10:00 to 11:30 and on sunday from 11:00-11:30. This has been going on for about 4 months now. My daughter's birthday falls on a Saturday and her mother is telling me that she won't be able to make it because she is throwing a party for my daughter. She does have a no contact order and she supervises the visits until I am off of probation in about a month. I have a right to see my daughter on Saturday, her birthday. What can I do? Can I call the cops because she's withholding my daughter from me during my time?

You certainly won't get every weekend if visitation ever goes to a somewhat more normal schedule.

Back