Company barred me from Annual Appraisal

JackSally

Hello,
I am currently working in an organization which barred me from last year(2014) appraisal which released on Feb 2015 stating that I am about to join the Client and I should not be given any appraisal.
I asked them in email repeatedly about the policy as I am still employed and in payroll with the same organization & deserve to receive the appraisal as others in the organization.

More details can be shared in other conversation.
Please advise if I can legally challenge the organization in court.

Thanks.

Annual Appraisal not paid

I have been working with this Organization for past 3 years.Last Year(2014) Appraisal released on Feb 2015 & I have been singled out.After discussing with the Manager I came to know that "I am about to join Client this Year thus Organization decided not to give me Appraisal".
As I am still with the same organization & my joining to client is tentative ,Company barred me from Last year Appraisal which I worked laborously sacrificing my personal life.
All my team that works under me received nice appraisal.

Please advise if I can challenge my organization for being unethecial.

Thanks

You can challenge anyone you target. You might not like what you receive in return.
Barring a CBA that states otherwise, there is no law that says you must receive an annual appraisal.
You also indicate you may have been placed on some remedial plan over the past year or so. Perhaps that's what's causing your dilemma?
There would be no harm in asking your manager or your HR rep to discuss this important matter with you.

Last edited:
Hello there,
If there is no law if I should get appraisal or not then on what ground the other employees who work under me received nice appraisal.
Also, I received the best employee award for 2 consecutive years so that tells its some unethical policy that is being followed by company not appraising me this time.

Last edited:
Hello there,
If there is no law if I should get appraisal or not then on what ground the other employees who work under me received nice appraisal.
Also, I received the best employee award for 2 consecutive years so that tells its some unethical policy that is being followed by company not appraising me this time.

Reread my post, I explained your options. You're free to heed them, or ignore them.
Your response reveals to me why you're sitting in a barrel of nasty stuff.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter if other employees got an appraisal or not. It is entirely up to the employer who does and does not get appraised and as long as he is not violating Title VII and related laws (and from what you've posted he is not) the law is entirely unconcerned.

I do not think this is about an appraisal. I think this is about a raise. You plan on leaving your employer so they elected to forgo giving you a raise and you are mad. As long as they pay you minimum wage, they are fine.

The bottom line is your employer did not do anything illegal minus a binding employment contract to the contrary & as long as you weren't discriminated against due to a reason prohibited by law (example religion, race......).

Back