Perjury Defamation of Character on petition of custody

b0ym0m

Attorney question -
Help me please and thank you in advance.
My ex-husband had me served today with papers today notifying me of several petitions (reasons) for modification of visitation. In his sworn statements my ex-husband has knowingly lied on three of the six statements but there is one that upsets me the more than the other two. He has clearly perjured himself on this one in particular. It states and I quote " Plaintiff recently discovered that Defendant has relapsed and is currently in rehab for drug problems. ".
These are the facts:
A) I have never used street drugs or taken prescription drugs unless directed by a physician
B) I took a 12 panel hair follicle test during our last custody dispute & it came back clean. Also I've never failed one of his 30+ ridiculous requested urine drug test my-ex has randomly requested over a 4 year span. (It was a LONG LONG custody battle) I took them because each one cost him $50.00- LOL.
D) I was not in rehab for drugs. I was in a mental Heath unit at a hospital being treated for a nervous break down for 5 days. Where I was primarily diagnosed with Borderline Personality disorder, I also have co-occurring disorders such as ADHD, major depression & anxiety. ( note: my ex husband was very abusive both verbally, emotionally and even sometimes physical during our marriage. He is still very verbally abusive towards me concerning our son when he doesn't get whatever it is that he wants [swapping holidays, ect...]***my physiologist says his verbally abuse words & text are my trigger, the reason for the onset of my anxiety attacks which in-turn cause me to slip in a depressive state. )

LONG STORY SHORT : my ex-husband intentionally LIED to hurt me. Can I sue him for slander in civil court? He is intentionally trying to ruin my relationship with my son and my reputation. I sick of this crap can I make him put his money where his mouth is????
Thank you again! B0YM0M in AR

You can sue anyone for anything. The point is to prove damages. But the kind of lawsuit you seek isn't worth the time. Are you going to keep giving him space in your head (which is what you're doing)?

Family courts seem to expect exaggeration, and it ends up damaging his credibility, not yours. Don't get emotionally wrapped up in his accusations. Get an attorney if you don't have one to deal with the family court issues.

Statements made before the court carry an absolute protection from being used to support a defamation action.

In other words, you have nothing.

You're welcome.

Back