DHR placed grand daughter in my home

G

grandmother N

I really need some advise , my daughter was in a abusive relationship with her boyfriend and dhr was called on her she pasted everything but the boyfriend didn't wont to do a drug test so they placed the baby in are home until he came in for the test there was no paper wrote up for a safety plan for her to be at my home the dhr lady said since we live in 2 different counties that there would be no need my daughter was welling to let her be with us the father of the baby just got a job and is living with someone my daughter and him where never married he called me asked if he could get the baby for the weekend and I called the case worker she said that was fine but that the baby was placed at are home so she would have to be back , so now he just popped up last night on a week night said he called the case worker at 7 pm and he said she said he could get her for the night well he was suppose to bring her back today and at the last min decided to text tell me he was not bringing her back for awhile and of course im freaking out he said that neither I nor the case worker can tell him he cant keep her with him because theirs no papers from the case worker stating he cant but my question is if my daughter was asked where she wanted the baby to go and she said my house then can he be in trouble for keeping her with the case being still active im confused I thought that if the child is placed in some bodies home that is where they stay till the case is resolved

Your mistake was in GIVING him the child and NOT getting the approval in writing from the caseworker.

I'd be more worried about what trouble YOU could be in, rather than what trouble the so called daddy might have gotten himself into.

Beyond that, I'd be VERY worried for the safety of the child.

Not a smart move GIVING the deadbeat bum a precious child you had agreed to protect and keep safe!

My, my, my, my, my...

Back