terminating rights help

rjmom5

I have a son who has a Bio father on birth cert. He has had Zero contact since March 2, 2010. However short story..I had RO against him which has expired now. Family court services found him a harm to the child. On my custody/court papers it says no visitation and Legal/physical custody goes to me as mom. It also says "No visitation pending psychological evaluation and independent therapy". That was 5 yrs ago. He has never had a child support order. He is not obligated by the state to pay either. Never an open case. There is no contact. Nothing..in 5 yrs now. My son had an attorney at the time,behavior therapist and a Mediation services and 2 investigators all done by the judge which proved him to have Schizotypal personality disorder. They wanted him to get counseling and psychological help. He has never done this. He has no interest in seeing my son. So question is I am trying to terminate his parental rights. My husband who has raised him for the last 5 1/2 yrs wants to adopt him. I am FEARFUL of finding this man again. This man stalked me, tried to kill me, broke into my house and the court found him to have physical abuse towards my son which is why his visitation was terminated. The court papers also document that he is a danger and not able to care of any child. Is it possible to file a petition for termination without him knowing? I am scared of opening up that "box". Its a real and honest danger if he knows..He is a very angry and can seriously hurt me.

Does he WANT to see the child?

Why didn't the state move to TPR if he's been deemed a danger to the child?

Im wondering if that is what it means. No he doesnt want to see him. I have heard a few times over the years through others that he is glad he has nothing to do with my son. I am thinking if I can do this step of TPR then the adoption process would be much simpler

I have a son who has a Bio father on birth cert. He has had Zero contact since March 2, 2010. However short story..I had RO against him which has expired now. Family court services found him a harm to the child. On my custody/court papers it says no visitation and Legal/physical custody goes to me as mom. It also says "No visitation pending psychological evaluation and independent therapy". That was 5 yrs ago. He has never had a child support order. He is not obligated by the state to pay either. Never an open case. There is no contact. Nothing..in 5 yrs now. My son had an attorney at the time,behavior therapist and a Mediation services and 2 investigators all done by the judge which proved him to have Schizotypal personality disorder. They wanted him to get counseling and psychological help. He has never done this. He has no interest in seeing my son. So question is I am trying to terminate his parental rights. My husband who has raised him for the last 5 1/2 yrs wants to adopt him. I am FEARFUL of finding this man again. This man stalked me, tried to kill me, broke into my house and the court found him to have physical abuse towards my son which is why his visitation was terminated. The court papers also document that he is a danger and not able to care of any child. Is it possible to file a petition for termination without him knowing? I am scared of opening up that "box". Its a real and honest danger if he knows..He is a very angry and can seriously hurt me.

You should discuss your concerns for yoru safety with the district attorney's office, your own lawyer, the local police and see if you can be placed into a witness relocation program.

No piece of paper alone, no matter how pretty will prevent a psycho from harming you.
I suggest you start those discussions/negotiations tomorrow.
If what you say os true, you have a biger problem than child custody, stepparent adoptions, or family relations issues.

Back