what to do? father crazy, child may be harmed

grannsBB

Mother and father not married, baby born in Virginia, father not on birth certificate, both have restraining orders against one another. Father has not visited child nor contacted mother since birth. Child is 20 months old. Mother moved with child to Florida, afraid for safety of child and herself. Father wants to claim child on taxes, threatens to files charges against mother to take child away. What are both parents rights? How can mother protect herself and child? She is living with boyfriend in new state. Has been there for over a year.

What the father claims on his taxes is between he and the IRS. If father is in VA and Mom is in Florida, and he has never seen the child, what exactly is the threat? If paternity has never been established he isn't getting custody. He also can't file charges as he is not a DA in Florida. He can call CPS or the police if he thinks there is abuse or neglect but I doubt either CPS or the police are going to waste much time on an out of state report from someone who has never seen the kid or been to the home.

Mom lives several states away. Change her phone number, move and don't give crazy ex the address. Ignore/block him on social media. Move on with life.

Mother and father not married, baby born in Virginia, father not on birth certificate, both have restraining orders against one another. Father has not visited child nor contacted mother since birth. Child is 20 months old. Mother moved with child to Florida, afraid for safety of child and herself. Father wants to claim child on taxes, threatens to files charges against mother to take child away. What are both parents rights? How can mother protect herself and child? She is living with boyfriend in new state. Has been there for over a year.

If you fear a crime is going to be committed upon your property or person (or upon the person of your child), you simply dial "911" and report the matter to the police, requesting an officer to respond and investigate.

As far as removing the child from one state to another state, ABSENT a court order, you ned to see an attorney in your state.

Those restraining orders you BOTH possess against each other, orders BOTH of you NOT to have ANY contact with the other in person, on the telephone, by email, by text message, and even carrier pigeon.

I suggest you obey it, but it appears you have other issues you may have violated.

The excuse of "I feared for my safety, so I ran away to Florida", don't even try that, the judge will laugh.

You have made yoruself one nasty mess, see a lawyer, not an internet forum.

Back