How do I get custody of my sisters children?

Duckie89

My sister had her kids taken in to foster care last summer, and has been fighting to get them back. Their social worker has not made any attempt to place the kids with family, and they keep pushing my sisters court date back, and it doesn't really look like she's going to get them back any time soon. I want to know if I could get custody of them, and if so, how do I go about doing it?

What did the social worker say when you asked her your questions?

My sister had her kids taken in to foster care last summer, and has been fighting to get them back. Their social worker has not made any attempt to place the kids with family, and they keep pushing my sisters court date back, and it doesn't really look like she's going to get them back any time soon. I want to know if I could get custody of them, and if so, how do I go about doing it?

You can talk to two or three family law attorneys in your county.
Ask them all of your questions, as most lawyers will meet with you for 30 minutes or so at no cost for the first meeting.

You will need to discuss with a family law lawyer & see what he/she thinks. What you want to do would need to be done through the court system.

Back