Will my background affect my significant other's custody?

blackduck012

In my background from over 10+ years ago I have a battery charge (Terminated Unsatisfactory) and listed as a Sex Crime (NOLLE PROSEQUI). Will my past affect them during a divorce or after? I plead not guilty to both of these and I am worried this may affect there chances... IL

In my background from over 10+ years ago I have a battery charge (Terminated Unsatisfactory) and listed as a Sex Crime (NOLLE PROSEQUI). Will my past affect them during a divorce or after? I plead not guilty to both of these and I am worried this may affect there chances... IL

No matter how you spin it, the charge of which you were convicted falls into the sexual abuse, molester, batterer category.
If you think your presence will harm or hurt someone you love, take a little break, as in disappear for about six or nine months.
If the love is real, it'll be there when you reconnect.
You're wise to think of such things, I hope it all ends well for all of you.

This is really a job for an attorney - we don't have the information needed and an attorney can guide you further.

Back