Mother withheld child - temp court ordered visitation

goneriding

My son (unwed father of 8 week old boy) came to a temporary agreement with his ex-girlfriend. She left three weeks ago and has since extorts my son for money just to see his child. This was a very unexpected departure, a week before she left she set a wedding date with the judge and then 7 days later pawned his engagement ring and left with the baby. They were living with us for a year and I spent just about everyday with her since then and she never seemed unhappy (a bit bossy sometimes) but my son ensured she never went without as he works and can do so. I thought post partum may have something to do with it, but her father and her argue that she should be taking her medicine which she refuses to go back on (bi-polar I think but now I am unsure as she has completely changed and lies consistently). She always came off as a level headed person, we are all definitely shocked by this unforeseen event. Her mother is a registered sex offender and she lied to the judge stating that the baby has not been around her.

She was to bring the child at 6pm Friday - city hall police department and he was to return the child by 6pm Sunday. The attornies spoke and agreed that this would be the best place for the exchange due to her family threatening my son via text. She placed a protective order on me which was dismissed two days prior to the parents reaching a temporary agreement, which was signed and filed by the judge. She pulled a no show. Her response he received via text is that she didn't get the paperwork and he could have just brought her things and the papers to show her to her dads house. Her dad is the main family member threatening my son, which he also did via text and verbally. My son went into the police department showed them his papers and received a pollice report stating that he was there as arranged per the court order paperwork.

Since then she has texted my son repeatedly telling him he must not care about his child that her new boyfriend will just by him diapers all he had to do was bring the papers to her house (where she presently lives with her father) and he could have had his kid for the weekend.

Can she do this? If he received his paperwork signed by the judge while at the courthouse; I would think that she received hers too. My son is distraught and I am just trying to help him relax reassuring him that everything will be ok and he will see his son soon without having to meet her at restaurants, buy her things or give her money, ect. I belive she is a sour loser and hard negotiator?

If you have any advice, feedback, experiences, etc. with this sort of situation - we would truly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Back