custody of unborn child

vane359

I am pregnant and currently 21 yrs old. I have a full time job and the same job for the past 2 yrs I currently live with my mom and is helping her pay half the bills. The baby's dad has been gone since day one i found out i was pregnant. I am 6 months now and now he wants to take custody of my child. All the bills i am paying the items i need for the baby i am paying. Is there any possible chance he can take my child away once he is born?

I am pregnant and currently 21 yrs old. I have a full time job and the same job for the past 2 yrs I currently live with my mom and is helping her pay half the bills. The baby's dad has been gone since day one i found out i was pregnant. I am 6 months now and now he wants to take custody of my child. All the bills i am paying the items i need for the baby i am paying. Is there any possible chance he can take my child away once he is born?

No man can claim he is the father of any child born out of wedlock until that man establishes paternity.

You should avoid that man, stay away from him.
You need to be focusing on birthing a healthy baby.

As was mentioned, he would have to establish paternity in order to have any standing. The MOST he can likely expect is to get visitation. Unless he can show that you are a demonstrable risk to the health and safety of the child the court is NOT going to remove a child from it's mother.

Though a court will grant visitation after paternity is established, it is very, very, unlikely you would screw up enough for him to obtain residential custody based on the info you provided.

Is there any possible chance he can take my child away once he is born?

Even if he establishes paternity, based just on what you posted, I don't see him being able to take the child away from you. Visitation I can see.

In fact, once paternity is legally established, visitation is pretty much a certainty. He may even get some form of custody with regards to decision making. However, the child will not be taken away from you in the sense that he's talking about. He's either ignorant of the law or blowing smoke trying to scare you.

Back