hi there

Status
Not open for further replies.

anmo

My brother have a 2 weeks old baby by his ex. She is a unfit mother. We have whatssapp messsges to proof it. She cant provide for him. She cant stay long in one place. She doesnt work. My brother wants to take the child in his custody. What can he do to get custody of his child. I am his sister. He stays with me. My husband and I are willing to help him for I am at home 24/7. Please help. He did go to the social worker but they keep lying to her. Please help me..

The same way as anyone else claiming paternity he can file in court for paternity and custody. The court is unlikely to change custody based on what you have presented so far as she is no different than she was when he decided she was great genetic material to procreate with.

The title "unfit" by you may not be same as court sees. If your Brother wants custody he needs to do that via court. You also do not state if he has already established paternity making him child's legal Father. If not he needs to do that first

It sounds as if your brother is not much more well off than the mother is. When he has steady employment and is able to care for himself without relying on others (you) perhaps he can argue he is better able to care for the child.
If the child is healthy and is not a victim of abuse or neglect you will likely have a hard time trying to make any argument about mom being an unfit parent. Your text messages won't do it.

It's generally (in most cases) not easy to prove the Mother unfit & change the custody to someone else. However, we don't have complete details. He will have to prove he is the legal Father, probably get a lawyer & go through the court system for any change of custody.

My brother have a 2 weeks old baby by his ex. She is a unfit mother. We have whatssapp messsges to proof it. She cant provide for him. She cant stay long in one place. She doesnt work. My brother wants to take the child in his custody. What can he do to get custody of his child. I am his sister. He stays with me. My husband and I are willing to help him for I am at home 24/7. Please help. He did go to the social worker but they keep lying to her. Please help me..

OP, you're not in the US are you?

If that's the case we cannot help you... but if you're in the UK, I can certainly hand down some advice.

1. Proving "unfit" in the UK is the question, it's even more difficult do prove. Text messages will get thrown out before the parents can even blink.

2. She doesn't work? Will not be held against her. Moving around? Not held against her unless it's disrupting the child's stability and at 2 weeks old that's not going to be considered.

3. He hasn't established paternity, has he? Well, he's not going to have a leg to stand on before that happens.

4. Social services aren't stupid. I strongly doubt that they've ignored Dad's information - I suspect that there's no proof of wrongdoing.

That actually does basically match the US, so I'll summarise.

Unless it can be proven that Mom is unfit, the baby isn't going anywhere. Here's some things that WOULD come under the heading of "unfit".
  • Mom neglecting the child. Neglect includes not feeding the child, leaving the child alone for more time than is acceptable, leaving the child in the same diaper all day and night, and things like that.
  • Mom moving in or marrying a convicted child sex offender,
  • Mom making meth in the kitchen while the child is in the house,

I think the point has been made, by everyone else, too.

This infant is not going to be taken from Mom without there being something exceptionally wrong.

I will chime in with, it would be a very cold day in that very HOT place when any judge would wrest a suckling two week old baby from most mommies. Yes, it has probably happened somewhere, sometime, but its rare.

OP, you're not in the US are you?

If that's the case we cannot help you... but if you're in the UK, I can certainly hand down some advice.

1. Proving "unfit" in the UK is the question, it's even more difficult do prove. Text messages will get thrown out before the parents can even blink.

2. She doesn't work? Will not be held against her. Moving around? Not held against her unless it's disrupting the child's stability and at 2 weeks old that's not going to be considered.

3. He hasn't established paternity, has he? Well, he's not going to have a leg to stand on before that happens.

4. Social services aren't stupid. I strongly doubt that they've ignored Dad's information - I suspect that there's no proof of wrongdoing.

That actually does basically match the US, so I'll summarise.

Unless it can be proven that Mom is unfit, the baby isn't going anywhere. Here's some things that WOULD come under the heading of "unfit".
  • Mom neglecting the child. Neglect includes not feeding the child, leaving the child alone for more time than is acceptable, leaving the child in the same diaper all day and night, and things like that.
  • Mom moving in or marrying a convicted child sex offender,
  • Mom making meth in the kitchen while the child is in the house,

I think the point has been made, by everyone else, too.

This infant is not going to be taken from Mom without there being something exceptionally wrong.

OP does have a US IP address.............

Most folk I know who use the whatsapp app are not from the US...but not to worry.

Most folk I know who use the whatsapp app are not from the US...but not to worry.

Pro - I didn't even know what whatsapp app was - had to do a google search. I only post from my computer & not a phone. Heck, I don't even take pictures or text from my phone. My cell phone is for emergency use only. How do I know they are using the whatsapp app for my own information. Thanks. :) (I'm behind the times.)

I just heard of it today. On Yahoo they said the guy who made it was one of the largest charitable donors in the US last year. He sold it for a fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back