15 and pregnant

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavenTheePanda

I'm 15 years old and I'm pregnant. I'll be 16 in July and my boyfriend is turning 17 this month. What I want to know is simple. Can one of our parents take our child away from us? Can they send me away after I have the baby?? Can they prevent him from seeing me or our child?? And also do the parents have to help in a situation like this? Is there a possibility of us getting married? Please can I get some reliable information because I don't want them to take away my chil, prevent my boyfriend from seeing us, or to send me away.

Thank you

I'm 15 years old and I'm pregnant. I'll be 16 in July and my boyfriend is turning 17 this month. What I want to know is simple. Can one of our parents take our child away from us? (no they cannot but they are not forced to support child either)
Can they send me away after I have the baby?? (Yes they can you live where your parents say)
Can they prevent him from seeing me or our child?? (You yes child no)
And also do the parents have to help in a situation like this?( no they do not)
Is there a possibility of us getting married?(With parental consent)
Please can I get some reliable information because I don't want them to take away my chil, prevent my boyfriend from seeing us, or to send me away.
I answered each question

Can one of our parents take our child away from us? No.

Can they send me away after I have the baby?? Yes, or even before.

Can they prevent him from seeing me or our child?? They can prevent him from seeing you. They cannot prevent him from seeing the child, after paternity is established by law. They can prevent him from seeing the baby until he has been established by the law as being the father.

And also do the parents have to help in a situation like this? That depends on what you mean by help. They must see that you have a roof over your head, food to eat, weather appropriate clothing and appropriate health care. Anything beyond that, you'll have to be more specific.

Is there a possibility of us getting married? No. You cannot be married at 15 in your state without both parental and judicial consent.

I'm 15 years old and I'm pregnant. I'll be 16 in July and my boyfriend is turning 17 this month. What I want to know is simple. Can one of our parents take our child away from us? Can they send me away after I have the baby?? Can they prevent him from seeing me or our child?? And also do the parents have to help in a situation like this? Is there a possibility of us getting married? Please can I get some reliable information because I don't want them to take away my chil, prevent my boyfriend from seeing us, or to send me away.

Thank you

Raven, I hope you are receiving adequate prenatal care, and will follow that up after you deliver a healthy baby with proper postnatal care!

Louisiana laws are complex, and very often unique among the 50 states.
So it is with laws of sexual consent, unique and complex.
The law of sexual consent won't impact you as much as it might end up impacting the alleged baby's father.
You might have him read the information below, too.
I suggest everyone make nice with your parents/guardians and keep it that for the next 2 plus years!!!!

That said, you MUST read the information by this LA lawyer:

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/louisiana-age-of-consent-lawyers.html

http://www.age-of-consent.info/states/Louisiana

/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back