rights child support and so on

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommax4

Ok back in like 2011 my ex got custody of our 3 older kids with supervised visitation for me. I pay $65 a month in support. Ok well he is remarried and they've made it so hard to see them I backed off. It's been near 3 years and I haven't seen them. They raised them not to know who I am. They we 6m 2y and 3y when they got custody. So I can't just pop in and say hey I'm your mom. But I feel I shouldn't be paying support for kids I don't see. So how can I give up my rights and stop paying it. I know they are happy healthy and loved. But like I said I can't see them or help raise them why should I have to pay?

You pay because you helped create them and the State says that parents are obligated to support their children or repay the State's taxpayers for any State support.

Your options are:
Pursue visitation through the court;
Don't have any contact, but continue to pay CS;
Hope StepMom would like to adopt them (but any arrearages will still be owed).

Ok back in like 2011 my ex got custody of our 3 older kids with supervised visitation for me. I pay $65 a month in support. Ok well he is remarried and they've made it so hard to see them I backed off. It's been near 3 years and I haven't seen them. They raised them not to know who I am. They we 6m 2y and 3y when they got custody. So I can't just pop in and say hey I'm your mom. But I feel I shouldn't be paying support for kids I don't see. So how can I give up my rights and stop paying it. I know they are happy healthy and loved. But like I said I can't see them or help raise them why should I have to pay?

Seriously, you should have raised any concerns about your parental rights and/or visitation being interfered with contemporaneously when these actions were alleged to have occurred.

No, you don't pop into the homes of others. You take your kids to your home or a hotel for the visit.
As "boyzgrrl" advised, you're obligated for all court ordered support.
Frankly, at $65/month, you're paying far less than it actually costs to care for three children.
Heck, these days, you can't get daycare for one child for $65/week, much less three children for an entire month.

Last edited:
You don't want to pay even $65.00 a month to help support your children?

Your a bit confused support and visitation have nothing to do with each other. If the other parent is violating your visitation order then take issue up in court. You have a legal and moral obligation to support your child. Pay your support take visitation issue up in court and/or talk to other parent about a Step parent adoption more here http://www.parentnook.com/step-parent-adoptions/

Let us not forget though: OP can still have visitation even when no support is being paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back