Cigarette Smoke in a No Smoking Work Environment

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

unhealthy

There is an vent right in the ceiling about my head. Every day I smell cigarette smoke. I have asked if the vent can either be covered or closed. I was told that there is no way that smoke could ever come out of this vent. The building has 14 floors and I am located on the 11th floor. I am not the only smelling this smoke but others are too afraid to say because of the fear of losing their jobs. I have a fan blowing in my face all day long to try and breath fresh air. This is suppose to be a smoke free environment but the building engineer is swearing that someone is my department is the reason that I am smelling smoke. He claims that the smoke is coming off of someone clothes who might have just been outside smoking. This is so ridiculous because we are all non smokers. Do I have right to complaint? Can someone help me in getting this resolved? My life is at stake. I am tasting cigarette smoke in my mouth and I don't even smoke

Report the matter to the city health department or the correct agency in the city's government and see if they are interested. If not, I guess you can purchase an air cleaner or wear one of those mask you see so many people in Asia wearing to prevent airborne illnesses.

Your only solution if nothing works might be to seek new employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back