Texas-move away to homestate of California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellehcim

I want to relocate with my kids

I would like some legal information please. I am originally from California. I, my kids, and their dad moved to Texas in October 2014. I want to take my kids and move back to California. I am not, nor have I ever been married to the kids dad. We don't even live together. The children are with each of us an equal amount of time. Nobody pays or asks for child support. I want to know what are my legal rights and how does the law, if at all, affect(or not) my choice to move with the kids back to California. Thank you for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like some legal information please. I am originally from California. I, my kids, and their dad moved to Texas in October 2014. I want to take my kids and move back to California. I am not, nor have I ever been married to the kids dad. We don't even live together. The children are with each of us an equal amount of time. Nobody pays or asks for child support. I want to know what are my legal rights and how does the law, if at all, affect(or not) my choice to move with the kids back to California. Thank you for your help.

You're free to take your kids anywhere you go.
As far as the law is concerned, the unmarried man, must prove paternity, not just assert it.
If he hasn't done that in all of these years, for all of your brood, guess he's not interested in pursuing his paternal rights.
That's cool, he can find you in CA and prove his paternity before a CA court.
Res ipsa loquitor, the facts speak for themselves. He hasn't, he won't.
If he decides next month he wants to, great. A CA court will work, and he can also start paying support.
Times a ticking, get out within the next 30 days, it'll make it easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back