How do I get custody of my son?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soniacortez

My name was not on the birth certificate because I was in DCF custody... I'm out now trying to do everything as possible for my son, I just turn 18 I work at my uncle's company.. I'm going to get my GED done, and in also working toward an apartment so she and my son can come stay with me, but she's 17... They took custody of my son because of my past, I used to be involved in the wrong crowd, and it messed me up very bad, so dcf decided she and the baby can not come back to my mom's house because of the that.. But I am a very change man and I'm doing everything possible to won custody of my son.. My son's parents only have guardianship until the 24 of February... Don't you think the judge might let me get custody of my son? And allow his mother to stay with me, or if not can she and the baby move in to a program? What rights do we have at this moment ? What would happend If I don't got the apartment before court? But I bought EVERYTHING for the baby, will that be acceptable for the judge? If not, how can she herself get custody of her son? Pleasee help me

If Mom is 17, she is still a minor and is under the custody and control of her parents and/or the state. So she and Baby will not be moving in with you anytime soon. As far as the rest, I'll have to suggest a consult with an attorney; since DFC is involved in your life already that puts up an extra problem.

DCF doesn't place people in custody! Not sure what you mean here. Fas as dealing with DCF of children services read this http://www.parentnook.com/dealing-with-childrens-services/ Now since you sign no birth documents you are NOT the child's legal Father unless a court deems so. Your first action is to establish paternity. Once you do that you can pursue visitation with child (not Mom). If might begin with supervised visits only and only at certain locals but its a start. You need a Lawyer

I think OP was removed from his own home by DCF at some point.

Agree that you need a lawyer. The court system will have to be involved in establishing any possible relationship with you & the child.

Being removed from a parent's home might very well be considered 'protective custody'. However, OP's post is so confused/poorly written, that he/she/it may not understand the difference.

You are barely 18, don't even have an apartment of your own or a HS diploma and haven't established paternity. At this point, your chances of getting anything are slim to none and slim is heading out of town.

Who took custody of him? Did whomever this was use the court to establish custody or did "they" end up with the baby by default? Does the mother even have him now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back