how can i obtain my niece custody with fathers consent

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobanna

My 11year old niece lives with her grandfather. Her parents are not together. Her parents dont want nothing to do with her. Her father is willing to give custody to me but i dont know what procedure i have to follow to get that done. And theres one more problem, that i dont know where her mother resides and she is also an immigrant so i dont know if i need her consent too, the only thing i know about her is that she still lives in the same city as i do. I just want to know what are the steps i have to do in order to get her custody.

My 11year old niece lives with her grandfather. Her parents are not together. Her parents dont want nothing to do with her. Her father is willing to give custody to me but i dont know what procedure i have to follow to get that done. And theres one more problem, that i dont know where her mother resides and she is also an immigrant so i dont know if i need her consent too, the only thing i know about her is that she still lives in the same city as i do. I just want to know what are the steps i have to do in order to get her custody.

Talk to a local lawyer, and see what is required in your county.
Bottom line, if the child is in the custody of a responsible relative, its highly unlikely you'll have the child ripped away from the people caring for her or him.
If there is no custody order, you'll have to convince a court why you'd be a better choice to care for the darling child.
Be advised, it can get expensive, and will require a search for the mother.
That's why you need a lawyer to drive the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back