Presumptive Non Bio Father

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jas77

Recenly I lost my petition to be a presumptive father and it was determined that I am the non bio father. I raised the Children in an Asian country for the first 5 years of the child's life with the mother although I never married to the mother. I was on the baptismal certificate as the father and paid the birth. The mother married another man and brought the child to the U S when she was 5 and now she is 13 {Mother and hubby now divorced}. I stayed behind in this Asian country when the child, mother and her husband migrated to the U S. I sent money during the 8 year period as well as gifts as I have the receipts. I received emails from my daughter also where she called me daddy. I was in constant contact over the years. The mother even listed me as the father on school papers when my daughter went to preschool in the Asian country. I had emails where the mother also asked me for additional money over the years which I sent.

The judge failed to find me the presumptive father because I could not prove I had the children into MY home as the mother and I shared residence some times. I did have my own residence at times and I did have my daughter there, but it never came out in the trial. The judge stated in his denial that I failed to prove 7011 {d}. What nonsense! He made no mention of the money I sent etc. He ignored a provable 13 year relationship and did not even give me visitation.
What can I do, besides appeal as I can't afford this. I think my trial attorney did not press our case well. Could I not have been found father by estoppel or the alleged father and given me visitation so than I would have been eventually able to bring my daughter into my home and satisfy the requirement.
I just do not have witnesses here to prove I did have my daughter into my home. I think this judge abused his judicial discretion. This judge hung me out to dry. The mother is resisting me now since I returned to the U S because her X husband is back on the scene and wants me gone.

I am heartbroken. What interest can the State have in doing this to me? Also, is it not unconstitutional to dissolve an existing parental relationship?

You're not the father. You're not the first man to be conned or lied to by a woman.
Have you not watched one Maury Povich Show?

You didn't need a trial and to spend big money to discover if you're the daddy.

All you needed to do was request a paternity test.

Time to let it go, you were and you remain a legal stranger to the child.
Obsessing over this is very unhealthy for the child.
If you love the little girl (in a fatherly way), do what's best and walk away QUIETLY.

I'm sorry because you really seem to love the child but the bottom line is she is not yours. It's probably best that you let this go & don't try & pursue further.

I have had a ongoing relationship for 8 years

I'm sorry because you really seem to love the child but the bottom line is she is not yours. It's probably best that you let this go & don't try & pursue further.

I have had a ongoing relationship for 8 years. I have sent money, gifts and stayed in contact with them for 8 years with phone calls and visits. Come on...

I have had a ongoing relationship for 8 years. I have sent money, gifts and stayed in contact with them for 8 years with phone calls and visits. Come on...

All of that may have been very kind, even dutiful, and I'm sure its far more than many so called fathers and mothers do; but to the law, NONE of that matters.

Sorry, we can't help you more.
We have nothing for you, other than that which was posted.
I suggest if you can't move on with your life you HIRE a lawyer and see if she or he can assist you further!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back