Appeal, Pardon, Motion, Writ How to request another appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaunnablack

My boyfriend has been in prison for 13 for a murder someone else did. This person who did it was suppose to man up and turn himself him well before my mans 3rd appeal he was murdered. I know for a fact my man is innocent. What can I do

My boyfriend has been in prison for 13 for a murder someone else did. This person who did it was suppose to man up and turn himself him well before my mans 3rd appeal he was murdered. I know for a fact my man is innocent. What can I do

Knowing and proving are quite the opposite, ma'am.
No one ever rats themselves out, no one, and if they try to do so after someone is convicted, the law won't care.
Getting a felony conviction overturned, or just getting a new trial by remanding the matter back to the trial court is very rare.

There's nothing you can do now, except talk to a few good criminal appellate attorneys and see if one will take your case.
When you meet with them, inquire about a state habeas corpus proceeding and a federal one, called the "the great writ".
Working that angle correctly, people have been set free!!!
If none show interest in your case, his only other option is to try and convince your state's governor to give him clemency.
Clemency can get you sprung legally.
Clemency can give you a chance at life.
So, start by writing to your elected state representative and senator.
You should also copy the state attorney general.

You'll also have opposition from the district attorney, the investigating police agency, and the family of the deceased.

Good luck, and don't get your hopes up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back