legal custody? How do I get my kids back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krohne

Banned
Issue with MO DFS

the reason why my mom the reason why my mom was awarded physical custody of my 3 children and I only have legal custody and I do not reside with them if the problem that the judge had was that I didn't I have an established residence at the time I was an unemployed if all those things have changed if I have a residence and I have changed those things if I have a residence and I have all the utilities on at the safe residence and if it's checked out by dfs and all that good stuff and now I have a source of income a steady income do I have a fighting chance on getting a modification and how would I go about doing that joint custody with them or how do I do appreciate the feedback

my three children and have lost physical custody of them to my mother and stepfather. The judgment was based on my lack of employment my nan residence since the judgment I have successfull manage td t to keep a steady employment I have an managed to keep a steady employment I have an established residence that is safe and would pass the FS inspection I have all the utilities and everything that I need to have them back with me at this point in my eyes what do I need to do to modify or change the judgment.

No kidding . Thats why i am asking through this forum, so that i may find some legal help.........

Please, don't create additional threads asking the same or similar question. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to obtain a lawyer's help (talk to a lawyer). This will have to be done through the court system.

the reason why my mom the reason why my mom was awarded physical custody of my 3 children and I only have legal custody and I do not reside with them if the problem that the judge had was that I didn't I have an established residence at the time I was an unemployed if all those things have changed if I have a residence and I have changed those things if I have a residence and I have all the utilities on at the safe residence and if it's checked out by dfs and all that good stuff and now I have a source of income a steady income do I have a fighting chance on getting a modification and how would I go about doing that joint custody with them or how do I do appreciate the feedback

The only way YOU can get this matter reconsidered is to get it before a judge.
That means you hire a lawyer, or you can (in some cases) ask the state to appoint a public defender/advocate to represent your interests.

If you have signed something, that may precluded any legal recourse you once had.
There is no way we can know, but you can start by reading every document you possess about this matter.
If you allowed mom to have custody, that may have been a grave mistake on your part that might not now be easily remedied.
Again, there's no way we can know.

The Court will schedule and convene a protective custody hearing within 3 days of your child(ren) being taken into state custody by DFS.
If you can afford to hire your own attorney, you should do so prior to the protective custody hearing.
If you can't get the money together that quickly, don't worry, show up to the hearing.
The court will give you additional time to select and hire an attorney.

If you are not financially able to afford paying for your own attorney you can request an attorney be appointed to represent your interests and protect your parental rights at the protective custody hearing.
It is imperative that you have an attorney in your child custody or family law case.
You can't do this without an attorney.
If you tried it on your own, it might be too late for an attorney to repair.

Nevertheless, talk to four or five local attorneys.
Attorneys will meet with you initially for 15-20 minutes (sometimes more) to discuss your concerns.
They will answer questions, and give you some idea of where you stand.
The internet can't solve this, or fix this for you.
If anyone says they can, they're lying and probably trying to scam money from you.

The court shall notify the parent or guardian of the person of the child of the right to have counsel. If counsel is requested and the parent or guardian of the person of the child are financially unable to employ counsel, counsel shall be appointed by the court. Notice of the right to counsel and that counsel will be appointed if the parent or guardian is financially unable to employ counsel must be contained in the summons. In addition, if the parent is a minor or incompetent, the court shall appoint a guardian ad litem to represent such minor or incompetent parent. Section 211.462.2, RSMo.

What you're facing is very complex, and won't change because you have secured a mansion.
That was only part of the problem.
Once DFS gets engaged, you have to play the game their way.
Its been said that DFS runs a state sponsored kidnapping ring.

That is unfair.
DFS didn't rarely tales children just because they can
That's why I advise you READ every document you possess and signed regarding this case.
Some parents have signed away their rights without comprehending fully the severity of signature strokes made by their pen.

You need an attorney knowledgeable and licensed to practice law in Missouri.
Such a person will best be able to assist you in having your child(ren) returned to you sooner, rather than later.

From the very beginning of your case, when DFS was at your home taking your child(ren) from you, while at family support team meetings, during any discussion with DFS or police personnel, and while at any hearings; everything that you may have said, done, or failed to do was recorded, transcribed, and placed into a court update. That information has been (and will continue to be) filed with the Court.

From here on out you must be extremely careful what you say, do, fail to do, and admit to DFS, the police, the juvenile office, the prosecutor, even your frins and neighbors (and even your children) and to the Court.
Your statements and admissions can and often are used against you later, and most certainly in court.

You can read this:

http://www.courts.mo.gov/hosted/jud...nation_of_Parental_rights/RighAppoinCouns.htm

http://www.kiskelawoffice.com/DFS-CD-juvenile-court-attorney-kansas-city.html

http://16thcircuit.preview.vc3.com/Data/Sites/1/media/family_court/Documents/Attorney Handbook.pdf

http://fightcps.com/2007/08/20/make-your-court-appointed-attorney-work-for-you/

Last edited:
my three children and have lost physical custody of them to my mother and stepfather. The judgment was based on my lack of employment my nan residence since the judgment I have successfull manage td t to keep a steady employment I have an managed to keep a steady employment I have an established residence that is safe and would pass the FS inspection I have all the utilities and everything that I need to have them back with me at this point in my eyes what do I need to do to modify or change the judgment.

Too bad you don't listen.
I suspect this inability to color inside the lines might also impact your custody case.
Anyway, it no longer matters here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back