Other Criminal Charges & Offenses burg n 2nd degree consp poss stole prop when alrdy on a deffered

Status
Not open for further replies.

worstluckever

hey guys i really need some help some help here..to make a long story short i gave a friend of my cousin a ride to his house and was pulled over he had drugs on em wouldnt take responsibility so we all ended up getting poss cds with intent 2k away from school and 5 year deferred. about a year ago i took a friend n dropped em off at a house n was told to come back 45 min to get em n take em home so me and a lady friend came back to see him runnin with abunch of what turned out to b stolen items from cars he dropped em all on the side and front of my car n kept running because the cop was behind em but the cop pulled behind us and we ended up n jail and the cop said he didnt see a man running with alot of items in his hands which i believe was alie because they were 20 feet from each other or so. so now whne i got out i paid 2500 to a lawyer and they tried t give me 2 n 8 out my kids was at school at the time and im a single father of 3 and noone to take care of em so i mised court.. then i got another attorney paid em 300 to get my warrant takin care of which he didnt..so again got another paid em 750 he did nothing what so ever he offered to give me 500 back but now wont return my calls.. so i just turned myself in hoping my fiance could get that atorney to atleast get me out but didnt work that way so once again this time my fiance dad paid this attorney 5000 dollars to a different attorney that said she would b able to get me out. i even asked if i can get an ankle monitor community sentencing probation and to run all my stuff cc and up to a suspended. she almost made me sign for the 2 n 8 out till i seen on the paperwork she wrote that me and my cousin had stolen property and we both was breaking into the cars i told her she was lying and she jumped up told judge i needa go to trial and she withdrew from case so i finally got out so i can fight this case but money is gone none of em paid anything back ijury trial n 3 months i dont believe i deserve prison time i know ppl with way more and alot more felonies that hasnt done prison time for em. i need advice im so stressed over this it gets me sick to my stomach and i cant sleep i have 3 amazing boys and fiance i have to take care of. please if someone would please help me id really appreciate it soo much and my family would aswell. im in oklahoma city

I believe only a lawyer can help you. If you can no longer afford one, you can ask the court if the will appoint a public defender for you.

hey guys i really need some help some help here..to make a long story short i gave a friend of my cousin a ride to his house and was pulled over he had drugs on em wouldnt take responsibility so we all ended up getting poss cds with intent 2k away from school and 5 year deferred. about a year ago i took a friend n dropped em off at a house n was told to come back 45 min to get em n take em home so me and a lady friend came back to see him runnin with abunch of what turned out to b stolen items from cars he dropped em all on the side and front of my car n kept running because the cop was behind em but the cop pulled behind us and we ended up n jail and the cop said he didnt see a man running with alot of items in his hands which i believe was alie because they were 20 feet from each other or so. so now whne i got out i paid 2500 to a lawyer and they tried t give me 2 n 8 out my kids was at school at the time and im a single father of 3 and noone to take care of em so i mised court.. then i got another attorney paid em 300 to get my warrant takin care of which he didnt..so again got another paid em 750 he did nothing what so ever he offered to give me 500 back but now wont return my calls.. so i just turned myself in hoping my fiance could get that atorney to atleast get me out but didnt work that way so once again this time my fiance dad paid this attorney 5000 dollars to a different attorney that said she would b able to get me out. i even asked if i can get an ankle monitor community sentencing probation and to run all my stuff cc and up to a suspended. she almost made me sign for the 2 n 8 out till i seen on the paperwork she wrote that me and my cousin had stolen property and we both was breaking into the cars i told her she was lying and she jumped up told judge i needa go to trial and she withdrew from case so i finally got out so i can fight this case but money is gone none of em paid anything back ijury trial n 3 months i dont believe i deserve prison time i know ppl with way more and alot more felonies that hasnt done prison time for em. i need advice im so stressed over this it gets me sick to my stomach and i cant sleep i have 3 amazing boys and fiance i have to take care of. please if someone would please help me id really appreciate it soo much and my family would aswell. im in oklahoma city

Your problems only get worse when you try to explain them away.
You see, no matter what you say, the police, the prosecutor, sometimes the jury will think you're lying.
Furthermore, in your case, your lawyer even thought you were lying.
Okay, enough of that. I hope you see my point.

In the future, which starts for you one minute after you've read and understood what I'm about to tell you, stop talking.
NEVER, EVER talk to the police.

Here's why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Rule number one, if you are under suspicion, under arrest, in the jail, in the courtroom, or just being questioned by the police, STOP TALKING. Don't start talking, simply say, NO COMMENT, or I wish to remain silent.

Its okay to give your name, address, etc.., besides they already know most of that.
They know all the times you have been arrested, all of your priors, etc...
Its bets to say, I don't remember, rather than try to lie.
Or, say, no comment.
Always be polite.
You're on their turf.
Besides, nothing will get settled at 3:00AM in a dark alley, or on an Interstate.
Everyone appreciates people being polite and cooperative.
The place to battle over any criminal charges is in a court room, not on some street corner.

You have a constitutional right to remain silent, not answer any questions, and even the right to stand MUTE in court and refuse to enter a plea.

The reason some people commit dozens of crimes and do a few days in county, compared to someone doing years in the penitentiary, they STOPPED TALKING, or REFUSED to talk.

It won't get worse because you politely decline to talk, or rat yourself out.

It often gets worse when you start yapping, blabbing, and explaining.

How does that officer know I'm lying?
Why won't the prosecutor believe my story?
Simply put, its too damn long and confusing.
The truth is simple, and juries know it without some PhD scientist explaining it to them.
Heck, ask any parent and they know when little Cathy or sweet Sammy is lying.
Most people are poor liars and they give tells.

Okay, so stay away from suspicious circumstances.
Don't transport odd characters to pick up stuff. (Tell them to call a taxi. A taxi driver will take you anywhere you want to go, no questions asked.)
If someone doesn't have taxi fare to transport their carcass, they're up to something.
If you really care that Winston gets across town to the "shack", give him $20 for his taxi fare and wish him good night.
That's so much cheaper than what this escapade has cost you, ain't it, boss?

Okay, so you can't unring the bell.
But, you can stop yapping.

You can simply request a public defender, and go to trial.
The fact that an "innocent" perosn would even consider a "plea deal" tells the prosecutor you're stupid or guilty.
In either case, you're going to get taken advantage of, so another reason to STOP YAPPING.

Take old OJ, back in the day.
OJ thought he could charm a lollipop from a baby, the bone right from a junk yard dog's mouth.
So, OJ started yapping.
Yeah, he beat the rap in LA, but did 20 months in county waiting to beat the rap.
All because OJ couldn't control his yap.

Now, old Bobby Blake, better known as Detective Beretta, got off, too.
But, he was smarter, and whiled away his pretrial days at his estate.
See, he didn't yip yap, yadda yadda, his way into the slammer.

I tell you this as a criminal defense lawyer (lucky enough to have never lost a case), a judge, and just a simple old Texas, hill country lawyer (and long time friend of one of the best criminal defense lawyers ever, even though he was from Wyoming, Gerry Spence); you hurt yourself and cripple your defense lawyer by talking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back